Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little while ago I decided I wanted a new steering wheel, I haven't got the £ to fork out for a EMPI GT. After seeing a few VW with these on I took a liking to the wooden Speedwell ones.

This went for £103 on ebay:


This one...

...and this one

went for a a little more! :eek:

I missed out on this by £2

but...the same guy who was selling that one offered me this one for £92




Now being a complete numpty about steering wheels I wasn't too sure if this was a good one? I am a little concerned about the amount of holes drilled for the boss. Also does anyone have a boss or knows how much i'll be looking at for one?

Any advice would be great :)

Stewart :hangloose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,431 Posts
I too would be worried about the holes!! Important thing a steering wheel and I wouldn't like to use one with any lack of design strength.
Not for it breaking when you are driving - but in a crash - spearing you through the chest!!

For me - I would wait and get a good one.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
597 Posts
Looks like it's beem used for many cars .... perhaps they're interchangible holes? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
647 Posts
.. just wondering how do you tell it's a Speedwell Steering Wheel ?

have got one that looks simialiar , i know les lestons have the LL symbol ( got one for £1 at a carboot !).

cheers
ste

it looks like this >
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
metric_thumbs said:
I too would be worried about the holes!! Important thing a steering wheel and I wouldn't like to use one with any lack of design strength.
Not for it breaking when you are driving - but in a crash - spearing you through the chest!!

For me - I would wait and get a good one.
Yeah, I that's what was in my mind...nice to get someone else's opinon. Think I might wait.

Hendrixmaster said:
Looks like it's beem used for many cars .... perhaps they're interchangible holes? :p
Bit of a village bike..everyone has a ride ;)

TOPPER said:
.. just wondering how do you tell it's a Speedwell Steering Wheel ?

have got one that looks simialiar , i know les lestons have the LL symbol ( got one for £1 at a carboot !).

cheers
ste

it looks like this >
That is one question I forgot to ask, as I was wondering that too, the branded LL - Les Leston's look like they got for as much as the EMPI's!
1 english pound :eek: That's exactly what exactly what im after at that price! :) I'll buy it off you for £2?? You got a steal there.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top