Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daniel the spider is living in the bathroom. went in the shower yesterday and he was tucked up in the corner far away from me. as soon as i got under the water he started romping across the ceiling towards me. now i'm not under the illusion that he is going to launch at me in a frenzied attack, i just don't want him dropping on my head (happened once years back in a tiny shower cubicle and i've not been the same since) while i'm showering. in the end i was so far up one end of the bath that i thought i would have to get out and finish rinsing my hair over the side of the bath if he got any closer. as soon as i got out of the shower he wandered back to his corner. :rolleyes:

tonight i checked the ceiling. there he was up in his corner. i started the water running. no movement. got in the shower. no movement. i figured he was napping.

¾ of the way through my shower he starts to move. and for someone with only 7 legs he can move. my showers are getting shorter and shorter these days.

i am not going to move him (well, get my dad to move him) out of the bathroom as he's not doing anything wrong, but i cannot bear the thought of another spider in the bath incident. :eek:

·
Registered
45,792 Posts
just catch him in a cup and bit of card trap and send him through the window, wont harm him and will do him good to get outside:)

while im here, why for the love of god would you think that a spider, with a leg missing, would be unable to walk?:lol:

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i don't have his leg. he could have been born without it, which is why he copes so well being 1 limb down. otherwise he could have lost it in a motorbike accident, or even extreme sports. i've not really had time to ask him. i also think its rude to ask, if he wants to tell me he will.

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
i don't have his leg. he could have been born without it, which is why he copes so well being 1 limb down. otherwise he could have lost it in a motorbike accident, or even extreme sports. i've not really had time to ask him. i also think its rude to ask, if he wants to tell me he will.
:lol:

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh, so your just snubbing the cup and card idea:p:lol:
chris, you're not realising my intimacy issues with this spider. i don't get that close. these jobs have to be carried out by a contractor. usually i scream "DADDY!!!" which he recognises as spider incident in progress.

·
Registered
45,792 Posts
chris, you're not realising my intimacy issues with this spider. i don't get that close. these jobs have to be carried out by a contractor. usually i scream "DADDY!!!" which he recognises as spider incident in progress.
you dont have to touch it, it will be in a cup, with a bit of card on top, and if you do it, take it far far away, i had one that i kept lobbing out of the window, and it came back, i took it out the front to the pavement and it came back, final time i took it across the street and it turned and looked like it looked up, stood its ground till i finally waked away, he never came back:D

my biggest prob at the moment is ive nocked a can of beer over my lappy and after a clean the keys arnt staicky anymore, but they all now have a dull sound when i press them, not a biggy, but getting on my tits:lol:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
bungee jumping onto the wrong head. maybe someone like a calum:incheek:

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i will only remove using the cup/card method if i really have to. if nobody is at home and it is in my bed or in danger of drowning then i will do it (see previous spider terror thread). otherwise i will leave it where it is and hope it leaves me alone.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts