Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to wire a spotlight for my bug.
I want it to operate through a seperate stock light switch.
So its seperate switch and full beams together will turn the spotlight on, not one or the other.
Does this look correct?
Do i need a fuse between switch (X) and batt neg?
It runs through a seperate relay also and from a highbeam wire piggypacked from the fuseboard.

Cheers :)

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
i think on the light switch its self, presuming the one you show being the one for controling the spots only, you`d need the termincal labeled `X` to be the connector labeled `30` as connector`30` connects to connector `56` when you pull the light switch on.

dont think you`ll need an extra fuse IMO as its only operating a low current relay, as long as the spots are fused as they are high power draw.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
?
Which switch terminals should i be using? 30 instead of X!

Is just for the spotlight.

Is everything else ok?

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
well on that picture you got the light switch which is gonna control the spots, you got the wire from the relay that goes to the switch to connector 56, as this switch connects your relay to earth u need to use terminal 30 on the switch instead of terminal X. as when you pull the light switch on it connects 30 and 56. make sense? probably not lol

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, that makes sense, 30 is the other side of the switching for 56, i wasnt sure which terminals on the switch to use. So if i make a circuit using that diagram i should be in business?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No thanks, i just want to know if my pretty picture is right :)

Thanks anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts