Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm no trekyt tho did enjoy TNG when I was younger and the later series of DS9/Voyager. Saying that I've noticed a huge star filled gap in the TV listings.

Not that I watched many but Enterprise was a flop elegedly (I think he should have taken better advice from Al and Ziggy) and nothing has come out to replace it.

so whats next?

·
Registered
21,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
peelo said:
it was said Enterprise was the end

IMHO they should make more DS9
really? WOW! ? :( I guess

I reckn they could do something like 24/prison break in space where a single whole story gets split up into varying views and only towards the end do the stories become together and one etc.

Much darker atmosphere, none of this pride and prejudice shite in the holodecks!

or what about an alternate reality, where we are at war with everyone! :D

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
abso bloody lutely, and star trek is still the bench mark in my book....for tv anyway

BTW AL, replied to your PM

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
I reckon you could make a series out of James Blish's - Hospital Station, you could make that go on forever.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
...I reckon that they could make a good TV series based the whole of the Games Workshops Warhammer 40,000 range of games...Space Marines, Orcs, Elder, Tau, etc....could be superb... :hangloose

·
Registered
196 Posts
ds9 was the best of all the star trek series
really annoyed me that they ended it with sisko vanishing into the wormhole!
the last series was just a scramble to tie up all the loose ends before it finished.

voyager didn't really grab me initially but got better.
enterprise sucked at the start then got worse!

and now stargate sg-1 has turned to complete drivel with the throw backs from farscape, andromada and the doc from voyager.

there's no good scifi left these days. :(

·
Registered
26,995 Posts
enterprise was really good toward the end......rumor was it was ended to to starfleet academy sort of enterprise meets 90210 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The space station business was all politics. I didn't like it. Voyager was great though.

The guys son made a program which was very cool and should have bee more popular.
It was called Andromeda and kicked ass.

·
Registered
21,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
benandchris said:
The space station business was all politics. I didn't like it. Voyager was great though.

The guys son made a program which was very cool and should have bee more popular.
It was called Andromeda and kicked ass.
Agree with that, wasn't good till they started blowing shit up in the later series! it was DS9 when I started losing interest in Star Trek as a whole.

I beg to differ, bad as babylon5! :)

Personally I think BattlestarG is the space best sci-fi since star trek.
Stargate has always been silly but was entertaining, especially when they hit the stars, but now!!? wtf

Think I'll stick to my weekly dose of Jonathon Ross and seasonal F1, must be getting old! :D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
...bit of a shame that Firefly never got a real chance to show us what it could of become though.... :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts