Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do i need to replace it when i replace my starter motor? Just asking because I'm about to buy a new starter motor and don't want to only realise that a new bush is needed when i am fitting it and have to wait another few days for the bush. Thanks a lot, Rick :hangloose

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The Indifferent One said:
do i need to replace it when i replace my starter motor? Just asking because I'm about to buy a new starter motor and don't want to only realise that a new bush is needed when i am fitting it and have to wait another few days for the bush. Thanks a lot, Rick :hangloose
If your havin the starter out and replacing it, I would change the bush however, from memory, you need the engine out to change the bush?? not sure you can get it in from the back, and it is a bugger to prise out anyhoo... can break ... best get a spare bush (for the cost of it) just in case ;)

Could be wrong tho, but I always prepare for the worst...

·
Registered
873 Posts
i've just ordered a JK starter and it didnt come with a bush ;)

nothing about voiding the warranty either. Come to think of it though, there was no warranty in the box at all :crazy:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Come to think of it, i had a bosch starter from GSF last year and that didnt have a bush with it either, went out and bought one as the previous starter had ovaled the old one when the bearings went in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts