Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone had them? It's looking like I'm going to have a serious of steroid injections for my shoulder (still fucked from my crash in march 07), if that doesn't work, its a lovely operation for me :(

so what they like, i've heard they are incredibly painful? will i need time off work? (really can't afford to have much more time off work) anyone had any sucess from them?

going to see a doc about them in a few weeks and no doubt get a lot of questions answered, just thought i'd ask on here first!

cheers

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
18,073 Posts
i've had em in my butt cheeks .
not painfull unless you hit a bit thats been injected recently .
can give a bit of numbness .

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
My otherhalf had them in shoulders say's intially uncomfortable, but the relief afterwards is amazing, unfortunately he eventually had to have an op to sort out prob.
I had them in my back to help with the pain and to act as a diagnosis, unfortunately they made it much worse and pushed my disc and nevres even more out of position.
Shouldres are a different matter though and if it helps go for it

·
Registered
735 Posts
I had one in my heel a couple of weeks ago .... not wanting to worry you but it was the most painful thing I've ever had done.
Might have been just because it was a painful area!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hhmm interesting! love the comment "not wanting to worry you but it was the most painful thing I've ever had done" cheers vwcurtains :lol:

ive been advised to have them as i am almost always in pain without doing much, soon as i do general day to day choirs (let alone me job - broadcast engineer) my shoulder swells up and becomes very restricted and eventually very sore

joy joy joy!

·
Registered
735 Posts
I was a big brave boy & didn't cry!

It was for Plantar Fascitis & Doc did say because of sensitivity of your heel it's a painful one. Sadly it hasn't really cured my problem!

I'm sure the shoulder will be fine.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
ouch.. i have to have a lumbar puncture soon im shitting myself so i know how you feel hun .. good luck xx

·
Bright Eyes
6,906 Posts
I have into my back for many years............ its not so bad......... and yes it does give a few months of relief before the pain starts creeping back in.... my mum has them in her shoulder........ and goes in the morning and is home straight after.........

If it gives you the relief needed it should be worth it.... it varies in poeople though.... some people dont get much relief others have relief up to 6 months...

C x

Good luck with it all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts