Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've got a stock 1600 single port which I'm fitting to my ghia this weekend. I can do the timing thing OK but I haven't the foggiest about carbs. All i know is they come in a bewildering number of types, PICT this and PICT that...I currently have 2 carbs, one is a 34 PICT (3 I think?) mounted on a home brewed adaptor plate. The engine starts and runs with this carb and pulls quite well but I have no Idea how it's 'set up' just that it runs. I don't know what the CO2 emissions are or anything.
The other carb is a 30 PICT (something) I bought 2nd hand at slough but God know what it came off. What I need to know from you knowledgeable people is where to start, I mean jets? where are they? what do they do? Tell me what I need to do to make the single port carb I bought 'right' for the 1600 single port engine. How can I tell what engine it was fitted to originally?

When all that's done you can tell me what to do with those screws on the side that let in air or fuel or whatever.

Oh and how do you measure ( do you bother?) CO2 etc.
Thanks in advance

Ant

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
4,529 Posts
Do a search on this forum, its been covered many times. I asked a few months ago and Moby helped out a lot with my 34 pict 3.

Providing the carb is all clean and the float chamber is set correctly its a pretty easy task to get it running, a little drive and a final tweak sorted mine out.

Adrian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts