Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i have a few questions regarding a straight axel kit.

firstly: i would like to know how it is assembled.... bassically if you look at the pictures ive uploaded you can see the parts ive got.
the two smaller brackets on the left are diffrent to the other four smaller brackets to the right. now if we call the left two number 1 and the right four number 2, it will show a bit easier in the picture i done.

heres the pictures of the parts:

and here's how i think they go together, am i right?

secondly: can i get adaptable spring plates that will fit a 58 and this straight axel kit? or what spring plates would you recomend? maybe some 68 bay ones but i really dont want to be cutting my splitty ones to fit. ive seen some buterfly plates in america (bus boys) that look the nuts, bassically keep the rear wheels dead straight when its slammed but im not sure if they will fit my van. any help is so much appreciated as i want to get cracking on the conversion so as.

cheers all :hangloose

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
dude.coolair sell that kit, they brought the rites off the busstation about a year ago, ring them up and tell them you have lost the instructions ;)
you have the set up wrong too, it should have the two [plates at the left hand side the other way round so the 3small plates are together and the Lshaped one is on the end to attach to your beetle axle, ;) depends on how low you go with this metod but you will have to notch your springplates to get the ride level at the rear like this

also without adjustable springplates it becomes a real arse to get the rear wheel off :rolleyes: :( :mad:

if you need any more info let me know, :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, cheers mate. so ill have the set up in this order if you like... fork plate, 1, 2, 2, spring plate. is that right? i might just ring cool air and tell them i lost my intructions as you said! and i did ring cool air to buy some adjustable spring plate but they said they dont do them??? bastards!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vdubsmudge said:
what brake set uo are you going for Sam?
to be honest smudge i havent really thought about it. i would however (just like everyone else) like disc all round but could end up being quite costly me thinks! what about you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts