Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey dudes,

Having lovingly rebuilt my engine, was going through final checks and sounding/running great BUT… oil pressure was great at idle but off the charts (100psi+) when rev’d. Found one of the oil pressure valves is stuck (and I mean really stuck!). Any ideas on how to remove folks, I cannot get it to budge :(

Attachments

·
Highly Respected Member
13,526 Posts
You could always try blowing it out with the oil pressure. Make sure you have plenty of oil in there, fire it up from cold and rev it. if 100 psi of oil pressure won't blow it out then you've really got problems. Messy job though...

Dave.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A standard metric tap is a nice fit inside the hollow end. I forget which size, M10 maybe or m12/m8 if you have a bog standard tap&die set one will fit nicely & will lightly grab the piston as you tighten/cut.

Mentioned in the Wilson book

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried that dude, and that’s why I’m really worried, although engine was already warm, so maybe cold could make a difference? Had Mounted the engine on a mates baja frame and fired it up thinking it would shoot out and nothing eek. Can’t understand how/why it’s so stuck, is it a bad tolerance or can it get stuck on something (it’s the valve with the recess)
651336DE-7A57-4221-884B-B063809585BF.jpeg

You could always try blowing it out with the oil pressure. Make sure you have plenty of oil in there, fire it up from cold and rev it. if 100 psi of oil pressure won't blow it out then you've really got problems. Messy job though...

Dave.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,899 Posts
I use a Rawlbolt to grip the inside of the valve.
I once did one by the roadside with a makeshift wooden tool made from a twig with a slot cut in the end and a little wedge in the slot.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The tool is adjustable, it spreads at the end when you wind it from top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts