Volkszone Forum banner
301 - 319 of 319 Posts

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
A stalled project this one. Life has gotten in the way and Sunny will be available as spring approaches.

if you’re in the market for a Mexi and you wanna get ahead of the curve just drop me a pm :)

Reactions: type3

·
Saddest VZi'er 2020
6,801 Posts
I would genuinely love to, but there’s enough strife here at Anderson Hall at the moment. I couldn’t even justify an up-and-running Sunny, with things the way they are. If I took it on as a (another) project then I’d likely be sleeping in it in the works car park. 😕

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
I would genuinely love to, but there’s enough strife here at Anderson Hall at the moment. I couldn’t even justify an up-and-running Sunny, with things the way they are. If I took it on as a (another) project then I’d likely be sleeping in it in the works car park. 😕
I’ll put you down as a maybe 👍🏻

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 · (Edited)
Well as followers will know, Sunny is for the chop as I need to attend a wedding in Mexico (oh the irony) next year and require money. I get tired of seeing cars advertised that look like they’ve been dragged from a swamp with unfathomable price tags so I have been doing some hard work on Sunny to make things a little easier for any potential buyer.

Over the past few weeks I’ve reinstalled the original 1200cc engine and got it running from an external fuel source. Today I collected many cuts and bruises to loosely reassemble Sunny to aid transportation.

Next weekend I plan to fix a fuel supply issue to get her to start as Puebla intended (without the need for plastic funnels filled with fuel!) before giving her a clean, getting detailed pics and preparing an overly wordy advert to find her a new custodian.

Watch this space!

Some pics of the fruits of my toils are attached for your viewing pleasure.

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Cloud Car Sky Hood Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Cheers,
Andy

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 · (Edited)
Over the past few weeks I’ve reinstalled the original 1200cc engine and got it running from an external fuel source. Today I collected many cuts and bruises to loosely reassemble Sunny to aid transportation.

Next weekend I plan to fix a fuel supply issue to get her to start as Puebla intended (without the need for plastic funnels filled with fuel!) before giving her a clean, getting detailed pics and preparing an overly wordy advert to find her a new custodian.

Watch this space!
Well Sunny Buggers, you've been 'watching this space' long enough. Since my last musings I've had a kidney infection and now Covid has come to visit....again BUT despite all that, I'm on the mend and have (over the past couple of weeks) got Sunny running from the key. Many challenges (and far more work than I intended to do on a car that I'm not keeping) but it was worthwhile and last week.....this happened.....

I've quite enjoyed working on the old girl recently (in a masochistic way) but it's time to move her on and consider what my next adventure might be.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Peace & love & hugs & stuff,
Andy
x

Reactions: type3

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
Loving that grin Andy. You sure you dont want to keep her?? ;-)
:D

I’d be lying if I said I haven’t thought about keeping Sunny and as you can see, driving a bug still gives me a buzz!

Alas though, bills to pay and different priorities so beetling will have to wait…..for now.

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Off to Durham to live with a nice guy and fellow petrol head. After running and ticking over just fine in days previous Sunny decided she would stall on the way out to the transporter. Tut! Suspect she ran out of fuel so hopefully a quick fix!

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
View attachment 299774

just kidding lol.

i trust your Mexican trip will result in lots of mexibug pics and scrapyard visits for beetle taxi drooling ? .-)
lol

As for seeing bugs in Mexico; I’m going to the Yucatan Peninsula which I’m led to believe is more Americanised including their choice of cars.

Been to Acapulco & Puerto Vallarta before and those areas are bug heaven!

Cheers,
Smull

301 - 319 of 319 Posts