Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asda used to do some really good ones on their 'choose your own' counter. But since they changed their supplier I can't find any genuine curries :( It's too far for us to get a take-a-way but it seems like theirs no other option unless I want to insult my taste buds.

Anyone got any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
i always found that tesco tinned curry stuff was ok, but i am a heathan, save up and take dez for a curry in leiston, neither of you will regret it, best curry in suffolk easily

·
Holy Calamity
67,018 Posts
Making curries at home/buying from the supermarket NEVER tastes as good as from a proper curry house... My suggestion is to find a local place that will deliver, it's really not much more expensive than buying from a supermarket for what you get AND you don't even have to be arsed to traipse around with trolleys and stuff :)

Slight tangent: Wetherspoons curries may well be reasonable value for money, but they're utter tasteless crap compared to a "real" one. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think the Sainsbury's ready meal ones are pretty good. The butter chicken is the one I particularly like, and my girlfriend likes the vegetable biryani. Mushroom pilau is good too!

Better than Tescos and Morrisons anyway and stand up quite well next to takeaway/delivered.

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mellowyellow1303 said:
I think the Sainsbury's ready meal ones are pretty good. The butter chicken is the one I particularly like, and my girlfriend likes the vegetable biryani. Mushroom pilau is good too!

Better than Tescos and Morrisons anyway and stand up quite well next to takeaway/delivered.
I'll give these a go. Darren is right, there is no substitute for the real thing, but we are to far from town to get one delivered and the best one I know of is the other side of town so not very convenient.

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
Missbugbabe said:
I'll give these a go. Darren is right, there is no substitute for the real thing, but we are to far from town to get one delivered and the best one I know of is the other side of town so not very convenient.
I'm 8 miles away from the nearest curry house, still manage to get them home hot though :D. Its the price you pay for living in the arse end of nowhere.

Saying that, I'm staying at my dads in town tonight, so may have to get a carry out. :D w00t. teh wiz0rz. not had a curry for months.

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
Damn you all, I'm hungry now. going to be another 6 hours till I can have a curry.

Veg dhansak, garlic naan, pilau rice. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
14,294 Posts
Missbugbabe said:
big freezer required.........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts