Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a question inspired by this:

http://www.volkstorque.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=251381#post251381

(I've posted a link cos I don't it's fair to nick the pics, especcially cos he's selling it)

Anyway - I glanced at it and my initial thought was "Hmm, I bet I could come up with something like that - wonder how much it'd cost." Well, you know how it is - everyone wants their own thing precisely how they want etc.

Anyway, what I was wondering, was if I did something along those lines - a kind of faux sand rail/buggy if you like - would it need to be SVAd? Because if so, I'm figuring that would make it a hell of a lot harder. Or is the fact you're using the frame and (One would presume, the V5 etc) from the beetle, enough? Which then goes on to do you have to change the V5 and THEN what happens?

(I'm not planning to in the short term before people get too technical on me - it was just a thought)

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
if you use complete chassis and running gear then yuo have no need to SVA just MOT as the car is the chassis in a beetle not the body

·
Registered
9,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what about the V5? Cos, really, in my world, you're pushing it a bit still calling it a Beetle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts