Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
never had a problem with mine.....but if they aren't wound out enough they do lock up on the base of the rocker .......to sort this a larger shim is needed to space the rocker shaft away from the head slightly more , then you wind them out slightly further to achieve the correct clearance from the valve stem

hope this helps (if not....I haven't a clue)

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
never had a problem with mine.....but if they aren't wound out enough they do lock up on the base of the rocker .......to sort this a larger shim is needed to space the rocker shaft away from the head slightly more , then you wind them out slightly further to achieve the correct clearance from the valve stem

hope this helps (if not....I haven't a clue)
shim?

·
Registered
15,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got swivel feet, they're like ball bearings with a flat edge, the flat edge hits the valve.

They're set up correctly with shims just that the 'balls' twist round a grip the feelers, making them feel tighter than they are.

·
Highly Respected Member
13,589 Posts
The shims go underneath the rocker pedestals to space the rockers slightly further away from the head to allow for the extra depth of the swivel feet.

You need them (and often cut to length pushrods) to set up your valve geometry correctly.

Dave.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I run these on my 1914 and they are a bit of a bastard to set.
When I first got the engine together I miss set one. It must of spun round off the flat, then I set the clearances and then it spun back round to the flat when I ran it. Resulting in a massive valve clearance gap, which thus resulted in wasting the end of one of my pushrods. :rolleyes:
I find it best to take the whole rocker assembly off and get them set on the flat. Then blob some oil on each one to try and keep them in the right position for when you fit them back on.
They ain't the best design. I don't think I'll use them again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts