Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2-Litre aircool T2 USA import with all the fuel injection setup on it. Does anyone know anyplace that supplies the correct NEW hoses as some look like they are about to split. I was also wondering if it is possible to get reconditioned fuel injection units and injetors and who supplies them.
THANKS

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of L-Jet ... :rolleyes:

Assuming you're talking vacuum hoses, you'll want to be having a good look at this site: http://www.ratwell.com/technical/VacuumHoses.html

There are some part numbers listed but most are likely to be well discontinued, although you might find some from parts places in the US (FI was more common over there). I just tend to search around local motor factors until I find something that fits. Split hoses tend to make these engines run like shit, even a gaffer tape temporary fix is better than hunting round looking for other problems. Ask me how I know ;)

If you're talking fuel hose, this gives you an idea of what's what (from Ratwell's site as well - other years are on there too) .... should all be available in the UK, just make sure you go for properly pressure rated hose.

You can get a lot of FI stuff from the US - germansupply.com sell new injectors and reconditioned units I think. Stuff generally comes up on thesamba as well, if you can convince people to send it over. Unless your current injectors are completely knackered they should respond well to ultrasonic cleaning ... places will do this for you but it's pricey ... a blast in a cheap ultrasonic cleaner from Maplins will get you most of the way there.

Have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts