Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Collected my t25 on friday and it has just failed to start due to a flat battery at the local shops. Can anyone let me know the location of the battery (i havent had chance to investigate my new purchase yet!!) and if the brand new battery on my mk3 gti will fit it to get me going until i get a new battery tomorrow.

cheers

·
Registered
18,482 Posts
The ones I have seen have a box for the battery under
one of the front (cab) seats. (Right side on US cars.)

If you swap batteries, pay careful attention to the
polarity. Some batteries have the post positions reversed.
Make sure the Neg post goes to Earth.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Jim is right. It is in a box unde/behind the drivers seat (on RHD vans) on Petrol models.

On diesels its in the engine bay on the right as you look in from the rear.

Depending what model you have, you may have a second battery under the passenger seat, complete with a split charge relay...

·
Registered
14,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its rhd and a turbo diesel so im going into the engine bay then!! any idea if the golf gti battery will fit? its the clamp on type rather than bolt through connection so i presume its a universal fit and only needed till i get a new one tomorrow.

cheers for the help so far guys!!

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
They will both have round posts so should fit.

Diesel batteries are Generally bigger than those on petrol motors, so it should physically fit too...

·
Registered
14,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
excellent, ill whip down there with the battery out of the golf in a bit when the g/f comes back from shopping!!

id normally play around and investigate myself but the vans outside the local shop (front door) where the local chav kids hang out so i didnt fancy pi**ing about for half an hour with them taking the piss otherwise the battery might get forgotten and i may have ended up chasing one down the road with a tyre lever!! (joking) ;)

cheers again guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts