Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Allo mate, not done a t25 before, but done a few modern cars, guess its the same- unbolt the strut completely, clamp up the spring with spring compressors, un bolt the turret tops. Job done!!

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Not a problem for a man of your calibre ;) take care though mate cos ive nearly broken my thumb and my wrist before doing it, but it could just be down to the shonky coil spring compressors ive been using!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Front.

Take off wheel, remove damper by starting with the nut at the top end of the damper 13mm ring for nut and a 6 or 7 mm open end {i think} to stablise damper shaft.

Then undo bottom bolt with 19mm sockets both sides {i think} then remove damper.

Compress spring with clamps and undo the top ball joint to the top wish bone then remove springs.

If you dont' have springs clamps you can stablise the lower arm with a trolly jack, remove upper balljoint and remove bolt at eyelet end of lower arm then lower jack and you should be able to remove spring {with a little bit of elbow grease}

Rears

Take off wheel , support the trailing arm and relase damper. Spring will then fall out once jack is lowered

1 - 5 of 5 Posts