Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am a bit confused, i have been wanting to convert my 1302 1971 to rear discs and have read many a thread on this great informative and very usefull site (creap creap), what i need to know is i am right in the facts that 944 porsche rear calipers/discs and mounting for calipers/backing plate (do i need both of these?), hand brake cables (again 944) with a bit of modifaction, but this is the bit that gets me, i want to keep 4 x 130 pcd for my wheels so i use t3 (or if i am correct called t25 in england) rear hubs, what year am i looking for as they have to be disc mounting hubs? i know they will have to be machined to go through the 944 discs and have to redrill holes, but am i missing anything or am i on the right track?????? i will wait to be told and enlightend by members who have done it before, sorry to drag this on a bit but throught get it stright in my mind;)
just one last thing if you know where i can get any of the bit from let me know, cheers and many thanks:D

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
If you are machining hubs, might as well use T1 drum hubs as they are stronger. Thats what I used on my Baja rear disc conversion, as have a few lads from Bajaclub.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
944 rear discs will bolt on
the porsche bearing cap has a caliper mount, it will take normally aspirated vented discs, single pot sliding steel calipers or the nice 4 pot brembo's
i can't remember which ones will fit some will some won't
rad dubs or pantswagen, and others will know for sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts