• No

Votes: 62 67.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
if any dodgy ones appear... maybe mods should say straight away there and then who sed if... if anyone asks them though

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Has everyone seen the educational film "An Inspector Calls" ?:(

With regard specifically to dyslexia, my Brother has it and initially it was undiagnosed and he was put in what the other kids at school called "The Spacca Unit". When it was diagnosed he was taken out of normal lessons and was given the labels Dyslexic, Abnormal, Disabled etc. :(

My partner is also dyslexic and has adult ADHD. Neither were diagnosed at school and he was again labelled Thick, Disruptive, Wierd etc. His writing and spelling are atrocious and if he has to stop and think about spelling, then his writing becomes stifled, he becomes frustrated and usually gives up.

I believe that with dyslexia the left side of the brain is more active than the right. This usually means that the person is extremely creative, an excellent problem solver and often very sensetive. We give this a label as that's what society needs to do. The fact is that we are all "Different" ... the left and right sides of our brains all behave differently to the person standing next to us.

Dr Toast ... Just be yourself ... Use a spellchecker if you're going for an interview or writing an important letter but don't let society stifle your natural creativity ... if you're anything like my partner then you are a wonderful person :hug:

Going back to what happened last night ... it was appalling ... to deliberately try to wind up someone who is so clearly distraught is inhumane. To quote a well known cliche ... No one should ever critisise another persons actions until they have walked a mile in their shoes. Just because someone is sensetive and/or different, doesn't make them unstable or unhinged or even mentally ill. Perhaps the illness is society? :(

BTW ... I know my grammar is atrocious and I use .... (dots) frequently ... my spelling is often not spot on. However, I'm posting on a forum not applying for a job. If this upsets anyone ... deal with it :D

Blugg ... for you ... be yourself ... believe in yourself ...you clearly have lots of friends on here ... please get yourself some help to enable you to deal with society and your demons (whatever they may be) ... you're not alone ... I, for one struggle daily with society :hug: ~x~
respect :hug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.