Volkszone Forum banner
201 - 220 of 449 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
You set off buggers have got me regularly looking at FB marketplace so most of my links are now watches !!
Me too!
This thread has started me looking around for nice watches.
Not on FB but im (and other half and mum) into rooting around in antique shops. So will be on the lookout for watches now.
Another hobby 😄

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
Watch Light Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

Bulk post.
TAG F1.
Nixon watch that I liked but looks like a rubbish smart watch now so it remains un-batteried. Animal SAS watch that is about 25 years old but keeps good time, never really wear it though . DKNY fashion watch that I wore on my wedding day. Last time I went to get a battery it still didn’t work so kind of stuck what to do … it’s a quartz so will cost more to fix than it’s worth but it has sentimental value.
Apple Watch is the ‘daily hack’.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Watch Analog watch Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle

I've said a few times I've got a bit of a brand affinity towards SEIKO so for Saturday have a bonus shot.. State of the SEIKO collection as of 4/12/2021.

Top to bottom, left to right.

JDM 76 King Quartz, Export 76 S3003 Quartz, JDM 78 Type II Quartz, JDM 82 Chronos Silverwave Quartz, MOD issue 86 Gen 1 RAF Chrono, 2007 Export Seiko 5 field watch, Export 2007 Solar Chronograph, Export model "Flightmaster" Quartz Chronograph with slide bezel, Baby "yellow fin" Tuna Prospex automatic, 5 sports diver style in orange, and my Seiko Sumo (Prospex) in green.

·
Registered
8,751 Posts
View attachment 296817

I've said a few times I've got a bit of a brand affinity towards SEIKO so for Saturday have a bonus shot.. State of the SEIKO collection as of 4/12/2021.

Top to bottom, left to right.

JDM 76 King Quartz, Export 76 S3003 Quartz, JDM 78 Type II Quartz, JDM 82 Chronos Silverwave Quartz, MOD issue 86 Gen 1 RAF Chrono, 2007 Export Seiko 5 field watch, Export 2007 Solar Chronograph, Export model "Flightmaster" Quartz Chronograph with slide bezel, Baby "yellow fin" Tuna Prospex automatic, 5 sports diver style in orange, and my Seiko Sumo (Prospex) in green.
got anything lined up for the last slot ? Or are you currently wearing one that goes there ?

·
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
V nice watch Dave. My RN Trident issued, non-lume, also a bit spesh. 🤙

Decent! You don't see many of them around at all, and that looks super clean!

got anything lined up for the last slot ? Or are you currently wearing one that goes there ?
I don't have any SEIKO dress watches so something like a sharp edge Presage or a cocktail time would look nice in there.

That said, I don't tend to wear dress watches so there's a part of me that wants to fill the slot with a mechanical chronograph from the mid 70s, but they're starting to approach strong money territory at the moment, so I might need to act fast.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
For got i had this.
Given to me in about 1992 when my grand parents house was being cleared out.
was my grandads daily.
Going to get a battery fitted and see if it still works.
Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

·
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·

·
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Hi, Thats stunning. Is it Titanium or some other exotic material ?
They are bead blasted stainless steel construction with these Seiko Military chronograph watches.

I'm wearing old faithful today, my SNK805 on a green NATO, similar case, with a different movement inside, same finish and available for less than £100 on Amazon right now.
Watch Analog watch Clock Wrist Material property

These are discontinued models now but some old stock is still out there and they're a great way into automatic watches.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was looking in the window of a 'mod' clothing shop in Brighton today and saw a watch made by Smith & Wesson, they are the gun manufacturers of "Dirty Harry" infamy. Not sure if this is rare or not but made me look twice!

·
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
Was looking in the window of a 'mod' clothing shop in Brighton today and saw a watch made by Smith & Wesson, they are the gun manufacturers of "Dirty Harry" infamy. Not sure if this is rare or not but made me look twice!
Not sure the watches are much more than a fashion watch with a cheap quartz movement playing off the name, but I'd still have one over a smart watch 😂

·
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
I've been being asked what I want for Christmas this year and the fact is I don't really want anything I tend to buy stuff I want.

But, this did lead to me having a look at watches because when you're asked to find something you want and you're like me, that happens.

Stumbled on cooper watches, who are a Stamford based firm who make military inspired stuff and sell MWC military style stuff with quartz and mechanical movements for a lot less than you'd pay for something like a CWC.

I'm now looking at an MWC hybrid quartz milsub.

Again not your usual cheap quartz and would be an excellent "tool watch" to save me smashing up stuff I care about when working on cars and stuff. (I don't like not having a watch on, and my G shock is taking a kicking).

He has all sorts on there and seems a decent chap from the chats I've had with him on Instagram

·
Registered
365 Posts
Some lovely timepieces in here. My go-to watch has been my Garmin Marq Adventurer. It does everything I need it to; GPS, heart rate & sleep tracking, HRM synching, etc.... I'd love to go back to one of my automatic analogue watches but I'd just be missing all the features of the Garmin.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Do any of you gents collect or own pocket watches ?
Took me a while to remember to post it up, but this is the 'non-runner' that I inherited... Don't know much about it, but was my grandads. I don't believe it's earlier than 1913, and probably no later than early 1940s. I haven't (at a very quick look) been able to find another with the exact face design, although I have seen ones similar.
Clock Wood Pocket watch Measuring instrument Gas

Reactions: slim_adi

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Took me a while to remember to post it up, but this is the 'non-runner' that I inherited... Don't know much about it, but was my grandads. I don't believe it's earlier than 1913, and probably no later than early 1940s. I haven't (at a very quick look) been able to find another with the exact face design, although I have seen ones similar.
View attachment 297250
Its very nice.
Are you going to get it working again?

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Its very nice.
Are you going to get it working again?
That's the plan... I'd actually wear it on occasion, so I'm certainly going to look into finding someone competent to look at it and give an honest appraisal. There's another stamp on the inside of the case, possibly a dealer stamp (?) and looks like a 'stud' has been soldered to it too.... can't see why though as it looks like its preventing the case from closing properly. I'd like to know more of the history of it. I'm not going to try and get the movement out (don't want to break it more than it already is...), but if I can get the serial number of the movement, I've found a website that might be able to give me a date and model...

Attachments

Reactions: Hoosier

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Thanks to this thread, I have bought a watch for the first time in about 30 years!
I have never been a watch wearer, or jewellery in general. But you lot got me tempted. ....

It's arrived this morning and I really like it. It's simple, retro and a little odd. Like me!

I bought a Wostok Russian clockwork number. It cost me £20 and took 2 months to arrive from Russia. I think its quite elegant.

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Watch accessory

201 - 220 of 449 Posts