Volkszone Forum banner
481 - 500 of 628 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 ·
So does anyone in here know anything about Cartier Tanks?

A mate who I'm due to see around the end of June has noticed via Instagram I'm into watches and said he's got a his and hers set from a late uncle that I'm welcome to.. I suspect they are micky mouse replicas made of the finest chinesium, as his late uncle, who was a genuinely lovely bloke, also tried to sell me some really high tech saucepans and knives a few years ago when I was over.. he was a bit of a car park salesmans dream, god rest him.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Putting these 3 up for sale on here at some point over the next day or 2. All in great/perfect condition but decided they are a bit modern for may tastes.
Save me from ebay😬

View attachment 300091

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
The CW watches are great to look at. Mine (c63 Sealander) was short lived as their in house bracelet adjustment managed to leave the whole thing scratched. It unfortunately left a bitter taste and nothing has yet tempted me back. If you are buying, don't forget the discount codes that come out so frequently.

And my bad the reference is SSK - they are a '5 Sports' derivative, but still pretty cool. Very SKX in appearance. Expected July

Watch Photograph Analog watch Light Product

·
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
Given I have a black SKX, an orange 5 on an aftermarket Jubilee and no blue Seiko's, I think as a bit of a Seikoholic I will end up with the Batman style one soon. (And probably the CW.)

·
Registered
529 Posts
I like the look of those GMTs

As I have warmed to smaller watches lately I did toy with the idea of selling my green Seiko Sumo spb103 to fund a SPB143 , then I scraped the bezel which doesn't bother me too much, but kills the resale value.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
@Hoosier seen the new SKX GMT?…
Very nice but not for me. I couldn't wear it as a daily as itd be scratched and damaged in no time at work.
Also if i had one, id probably look past it and grab one of my older watches to wear at the weekends.
Just not for me.
Yep, i know. I'm a caveman 😄

Just seen one on Ebay £400 pre order.

·
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·
I like the look of those GMTs

As I have warmed to smaller watches lately I did toy with the idea of selling my green Seiko Sumo spb103 to fund a SPB143 , then I scraped the bezel which doesn't bother me too much, but kills the resale value.
I've been wearing my green sumo most of today. They are a big old thing but they hide it well.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
Very nice but not for me. I couldn't wear it as a daily as itd be scratched and damaged in no time at work.
Also if i had one, id probably look past it and grab one of my older watches to wear at the weekends.
Just not for me.
Yep, i know. I'm a caveman 😄

Just seen one on Ebay £400 pre order.
Kinda agree. Plus I wouldn’t be pre ordering anything on eBay. What an utter waste of time…

·
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 ·
They made me do it... I wasn't going to get another Seiko until the GMT came out.

Sorry Hoosier, it was just too pretty to let it get away.

Watch Hand Analog watch Gadget Clock

Anyone who was at Deva and the Brad's auction will have seen that myself and Brian had a bit of a bid going on with this, and he made me spend more than I'd budgeted but I really wanted it, and I think Brian knowing I'm a Seikopath conceded only because he thought I was the right home.

Lovely thing, the dial really is beautiful and it's got blue and green lume that absolutely pops in low light.

It'll be worn, all my watches get worn. Absolutely lovely thing.

I managed to catch up with Micheal who donated the watch after the auction too. Really nice guy and anyone after a vintage Omega or a Seiko RAF watch (you need one, even if you don't realise) should check him out on eBay, English Auctions. I honestly think the Seiko RAF watches are a really good way to yet into military and "investment" watches at an affordable level.. if that's your kind of thing.

He's looking at buying a beetle for his sons first car too, so new blood into the scene, which is encouraging.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Congratulations 🙂.
Very nice it is too.
I had my doubts id win it but been holding onto the readies just incase.
Its a beautiful thing.
Well done.

Rich

·
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #495 ·
To be honest, I wasn't going to bid, then I realised that I really like it, and then I set myself a limit.. and then Brian bid on it, so I went above my limit :ROFLMAO: , but it's worth it, and it's a very worthy cause.

481 - 500 of 628 Posts