Volkszone Forum banner
501 - 520 of 556 Posts

·
Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,492 Posts
Harsh but fair! As much as I love a good bracelet I do also have a soft spot for janky ones too
The bracelet on the Seiko I bought the other week feels very light and cheap. It looks good, but thin folded links I think are sub par for the brand. The bracelet alone on my Precisionist probably weighs more than the whole Seiko ensemble.

·
Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,492 Posts
In what may, or may not, turn out to be a poor decision, I have just purchased a Cyma watches (not a spelling mistake).

It could be a lesser spotted model, or a jeweller's own creation. Pics when it arrives...

·
Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,492 Posts
Interesting. And a nice way of tracking two time zones. Quartz on the top movement too? It looks very 50s/60s dressy in black and gold.
Those are the seller's photos, I should be receiving the watch next week.

I still haven't managed to find any information on the web about this type of watch, I may have bought myself a dud. Then again, I may have found a rare watch.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Thought initially it might have been 50s with the styling but having done some cursory googling, I'd put it much later, particularly with the 'quartz' on the secondary dial.

The text in the Cyma logo is a modern typeface and the old logo was a C with a dot encapsulated in it. Watches with that style seem to be 90s from what I can tell.

I like the external appearance, its a classy dress watch which hints back at some really nice design periods. If I was more into gold watches I'd wear it on a formal occasion

501 - 520 of 556 Posts