Volkszone Forum banner
521 - 540 of 628 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 ·
I dug this out today... a 60s Hamilton British Officer’s watch (army issued) - bought from the officer himself (a lieutenant) - now retired in Germany. He kindly included a personal letter detailing his ownership.

:)

View attachment 300388
I don't own any Hamilton watches and I keep thinking it's something I ought to put right given their history

·
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #523 ·
Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Rectangle

Funny how things go full circle.

My Dad bought me a watch today to clean up and go over, and it's the same model SNK805 that I started this thread with. He's purchased it locally for £10. It's got some marks but works as a Seiko should, its about 2 seconds a day fast, it's not showing any beat error.. these 7s26s are remarkable for disposable movement.

The bracelet is awful and after market so I'll fit a nice strap for him, and give it back (with the date and time set properly) and tell him to make sure he uses it.

·
Administrator
167,165 Posts
View attachment 300395

Funny how things go full circle.

My Dad bought me a watch today to clean up and go over, and it's the same model SNK805 that I started this thread with. He's purchased it locally for £10. It's got some marks but works as a Seiko should, its about 2 seconds a day fast, it's not showing any beat error.. these 7s26s are remarkable for disposable movement.

The bracelet is awful and after market so I'll fit a nice strap for him, and give it back (with the date and time set properly) and tell him to make sure he uses it.
:cool:🤙

·
Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,510 Posts
The Cyma arrived a couple of days ago, and looks quite nice. I'm going to have to do a little more research on it, but I'm not that concerned as it is interesting enough just to add to the box.
The seller even fitted a new strap, which was a nice surprise.
Watch Analog watch Light Rectangle Clock

At 33mm, it does look a little lost here though... 😁
Watch Analog watch Light Everyday carry Clock

There may be a '50s Poljot making it's way into the collection soon, that I was looking at the other day.

·
Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,510 Posts
It is an elegant watch, but I doubt I'll ever wear it, as it is simply too small for my fat arms. It is much the same for the Poljot, too small for me, but I like the look of it.
It belongs to the widow of a recently passed friend, so she may want to keep hold of it. It's like this one, but with a metal bracelet.
Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Grey

Not worth much, just a clean and simple design (without the bent hands...).

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
Today is a new watch day. I'm sure its likely to generate some negative comments. Its really simple, I don't have the money for a Doxa. I know this isn't a Doxa and am not ever going to pretend that it is. And for the money it is an excellent watch, NH35 movement, proper beads of rice bracelet and sapphire crystal and lumed date wheel.

Fit and finish is good and if the movement has any wobbles, I can get a new NH35 for peanuts. The angle makes it look huge, it is wide on the cushion case but is very compact lug to lug making it an easy wear

Behold the Seestern.

https://flic.kr/p/2nuTZJX

·
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #534 ·
Very nice, 34mm presumably? A classic every day/dress watch
Yeah, or as the watch you tubers would say, it's a "contemporary sized watch".

Today is a new watch day. I'm sure its likely to generate some negative comments. Its really simple, I don't have the money for a Doxa. I know this isn't a Doxa and am not ever going to pretend that it is. And for the money it is an excellent watch, NH35 movement, proper beads of rice bracelet and sapphire crystal and lumed date wheel.

Fit and finish is good and if the movement has any wobbles, I can get a new NH35 for peanuts. The angle makes it look huge, it is wide on the cushion case but is very compact lug to lug making it an easy wear

Behold the Seestern.

Won't get any negativity from me, I'm a big fan of affordable Ali Express watches, and I know it's not just me who is.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts

Behold the Seestern.

I like it.
Nice case shape 👍

521 - 540 of 628 Posts