Volkszone Forum banner
541 - 560 of 628 Posts

·
Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,510 Posts
Today is a new watch day. I'm sure its likely to generate some negative comments. Its really simple, I don't have the money for a Doxa. I know this isn't a Doxa and am not ever going to pretend that it is. And for the money it is an excellent watch, NH35 movement, proper beads of rice bracelet and sapphire crystal and lumed date wheel.

Fit and finish is good and if the movement has any wobbles, I can get a new NH35 for peanuts. The angle makes it look huge, it is wide on the cushion case but is very compact lug to lug making it an easy wear

Behold the Seestern.

https://flic.kr/p/2nuTZJX
Negative comment coming up ------ I'm not keen on the colour. There, now that's out of the way, they do look to be good value.
I'm tempted by the Monster full lume, and the Automatic Dive watch with the blue dial. I do like blue dials. :)

Anyone wanna buy a T4 project? 😁

·
Administrator
167,172 Posts
that's a mega watch that is. How do you feel about CW becoming the official timer for Everton? I mean I suspect you'll want to give me it now. 😂
Yeah, I wasn't too pleased about that. 😂

Ironically, Christopher Ward himself (who is no longer head of the company) is a massive Liverpool fan - his new Tribus watches company sponsors LFC.

:)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #546 ·
Yeah, I wasn't too pleased about that. 😂

Ironically, Christopher Ward himself (who is no longer head of the company) is a massive Liverpool fan - his new Tribus watches company sponsors LFC.

I think Mike French did it to have a dig at Chris to the honest. The Facebook group for enthusiasts is full of folks getting upset about it, and I keep telling them I'll be happy to take their watches off their hands of they feel that strongly about it 😂

·
Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,510 Posts
I've owned this early 70s Omega Genève for some time now...

View attachment 300471

I just added a 'sibling'...

View attachment 300472

I was looking at the CW C63 Sealander (in green) last night and it looks very similar to those, clean, no nonsense styling. Then I noticed they take Paypal...
Then I spotted the C63 GMT................................................................................I. Need. Help!😁

·
Administrator
167,172 Posts
I was looking at the CW C63 Sealander (in green) last night and it looks very similar to those, clean, no nonsense styling. Then I noticed they take Paypal...
Then I spotted the C63 GMT................................................................................I. Need. Help!😁
😂

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I briefly had a sealander. Very nice watch in green as I think I’ve mentioned earlier. My unbridgeable was with the oaf at CW who adjusted the bracelet and scratched it all over.

I don’t travel enough at the moment to justify a GMT…

·
Premium Member
4,502 Posts
This has just reminded me that I’ve got a nice condition 1969 Omega Chronostop kicking around in the back of the safe that I haven’t had out for years🙄
I reckon it’s the only one in the world that still has its original black pristine perforated straps with metal twist-lock ends and unmarked twist-lock clasp.
Straps were made from Corfam and rotted after only a few years.
Just bought a classic Porsch 968 sport in Guards Red so thought I should buy a watch to match🙄

541 - 560 of 628 Posts