Volkszone Forum banner
621 - 628 of 628 Posts

·
Administrator
167,166 Posts
My dad died on Monday so my mum just gave me his Seiko. I can't read whats written on the back as i forgot to bring my reading glasses. :rolleyes:
View attachment 301015
Theres a few other watches in a drawer that he'd kept since he bought them in Aden in the early 60's.
My condolences dude.

A nice timepiece to remember him.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #625 ·
My dad died on Monday so my mum just gave me his Seiko. I can't read whats written on the back as i forgot to bring my reading glasses. :rolleyes:
View attachment 301015
Theres a few other watches in a drawer that he'd kept since he bought them in Aden in the early 60's.
Sorry for your loss.

The ink side of a pencil and ink rubber can be used to "rebrush" titanium finish watches, and a cape cod cleaning cloth will work on the bits that need a clean and shine.

Looks like a late 80s/early 90s quartz Seiko. I've got one without a second hand in my box of Seikos that need me to look at them at some point

·
Registered
7 Posts
I only have 4 watches. (I did have 5 but gave my "Ben Sherman" to an elderly friend who has dementia as he was always looking for his watch (which was broken) and thought it best he at least had one that worked. He thinks it was given to him by his deceased wife and I dont correct him).

I have the "Rotary" that my mother and step father gave me when it was my 21'st birthday.

My stepfathers "Marvin" watch that he was given when he retired in 1989 and that I inherited on his passing in 2018.

A "Fossil" watch my wife bought me in 2009 when we got married.

And a "Casio" waveceptor that I bought in 2015 for work...which has now been purloined by my 16yr old son.

Because it was my step fathers watch, I can't deny that if I do wear a watch (which isn't often as I tend to use the phone to know the time) it is the "Marvin" I go to first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,510 Posts
View attachment 301015
You have my utmost condolences, my brother attended his "mother in law's" funeral on Monday morning,and went to visit his partner of 28 years in hospital, in the afternoon, who died in front of him.
I don't know how people cope with this kind of shit. Live your life now, as tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

The ink side of a pencil and ink rubber can be used to "rebrush" titanium finish watches, and a cape cod cleaning cloth will work on the bits that need a clean and shine.

Looks like a late 80s/early 90s quartz Seiko. I've got one without a second hand in my box of Seikos that need me to look at them at some point
Cheers.
Interesting about using an ink rubber.

621 - 628 of 628 Posts