Volkszone Forum banner
661 - 680 of 711 Posts

· Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,545 Posts
It would devalue the watch massively Ste.

:)
It's a good job I don't have any classic watches then. :)

In aother news, the cheapo watch I bought to try things with, came with an oyster style bracelet of unbelievably poor quality.
I put a milanese bracelet on, and it has transformed it into a very cormfortable watch to wear. So much so, that I can't stop wearing it, and I haven't been able to do anything with the dial...

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

· Administrator
69,525 Posts
It's a good job I don't have any classic watches then. :)

In aother news, the cheapo watch I bought to try things with, came with an oyster style bracelet of unbelievably poor quality.
I put a milanese bracelet on, and it has transformed it into a very cormfortable watch to wear. So much so, that I can't stop wearing it, and I haven't been able to do anything with the dial...

View attachment 302382
Nice! (y)

· Help! I'm trapped in here
8,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #666 ·
Couple of new IN and a few out of the box of late, but really rotation has mostly been the stuff I already have.

Picked up a Kooil Seiko hand wound watch the other day

I do have a toneu cased Richard Mille-a-like coming with a "double flywheel" exposed heart movement to see if I can get on with them, it cost me a grand total of £40.00 delivered so I don't mind if it doesn't work for me.

Watch White Clock Watch accessory Natural material

I know Brian has something similar in green, which I didn't really vibe with when I've seen it, but the blue and stainless steel seems make me feel a bit more into it, and although I don't know anything about the movement in it, but it's quite interesting looking.

8,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #667 ·
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

This is the Kooil.

Quite an interesting thing 1968 and made my Kooil of Korea as I understand, who were a large sewing machine manufacturer who made things like precision needles, which Seiko also made, under licence from Seiko, nice dial, sort of opaline/champagne sunburst dial, applied markers, dauphine hands, Seiko hand wind Calibre 66a inside running at 18,800vph. Case is brass and chrome plated, it's 37mm in size so nicely sized, 19mm lug width on a leather/faux alligator strap and it's got an acrylic crystal.

No date, will make a nice occasional wear dress watch.

8,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #668 ·
My one of these arrived.

Doesn't hack.. it feels massive on the wrist and I'm currently having a dispute with the seller over the poor finish.

There are bubbles in the crystal at the 3 o clock, and the crown and stem fall out if you pull them too hard when setting the time 😂.

I love a bargain, and at £40 it seemed like a great way to see if something worked for me, but honestly, this watch is terrible.

I'm considering creating a YouTube channel and reviewing it, it's that bad.

Not everything out of China is terrible, I've had some brilliant stuff from Ali Express, and there are loads of examples where a Chinese watch provides a much better value proposition than even my beloved Seiko (especially in these times of Seiko price creep) but these are the dice you roll when you buy an unknown.

· Administrator
69,525 Posts
My one of these arrived.

Doesn't hack.. it feels massive on the wrist and I'm currently having a dispute with the seller over the poor finish.

There are bubbles in the crystal at the 3 o clock, and the crown and stem fall out if you pull them too hard when setting the time 😂.

I love a bargain, and at £40 it seemed like a great way to see if something worked for me, but honestly, this watch is terrible.

Not everything out of China is terrible, I've had some brilliant stuff from Ali Express, and there are loads of examples where a Chinese watch provides a much better value proposition than even my beloved Seiko (especially in these times of Seiko price creep) but these are the dice you roll when you buy an unknown.
😕

· Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,545 Posts
My one of these arrived.

If it really is that bad, hit the "not as described" button, and get your money back.. I've bought loads of cheap Chinese stuff, and expected it to be shoddy, but if it doesn't even work properly, it goes back.
£2-5 Itake it as a lesson, but £40 for crap is getting me a refund.

Lovely Kooil though... :)

8,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #671 ·
If it really is that bad, hit the "not as described" button, and get your money back.. I've bought loads of cheap Chinese stuff, and expected it to be shoddy, but if it doesn't even work properly, it goes back.
£2-5 Itake it as a lesson, but £40 for crap is getting me a refund.

Lovely Kooil though... :)
Sending stuff back to China is a ballache in itself.

I've been offered about a tenner back so far but that was before the crown fell off when setting the time.

· Registered
8,083 Posts
Sending stuff back to China is a ballache in itself.

I've been offered about a tenner back so far but that was before the crown fell off when setting the time.
Aliexpress? Raise a dispute, you’ll likely succeed in a full refund without having to return it

8,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #676 ·
Update on the Onola dual flywheel Ali Express gamble. I've been offered most of the money back and I get to keep the watch. I've managed to re attach the crown and stem and it's working again.

I might add a state of the collection post to this to wrap up things for 2022 and talk about my 2023 goals at some point, but the truth is, all I really want at the moment is a 9f quartz Grand Seiko, a 7c46 powered Seiko Tuna and either a Christopher Ward Cranwell or a Hamilton Khaki Mechanical field watch and perhaps to add some nice Military issues stuff.

My collection is still very Seiko dive heavy and I'm fine with that, but next week I'm sure I'll want some other stuff.😂

I would love a 3-6-9 dialed Rolex for example, as I think they are absolutely lovely watches, but they remain hugely out of reach in the current financial climate.

Watch today is again the Yellow Fin baby tuna on an engineering bracelet off Amazon.

Watch Analog watch Television Clock Watch accessory

It's ugly but I like it.

661 - 680 of 711 Posts