Volkszone Forum banner
681 - 700 of 711 Posts

· Help! I'm trapped in here
8,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #684 ·
Watch Analog watch Clock Finger Font

When you really want a Rolex no date vintage sub but have spent all your money on seikos and rusty Volkswagen's.

MWC no date with an NH35, T marked (but luminova) dial, broad arrow markings as part of a slightly iffy marketing ploy, and derided by the military watch community and the watch community for not being a CWC and being creative with their claims of military supply.

If you can look past that you get a vintage feeling watch with that mil spec vibe that you don't really mind if you bash it about a bit.

They do a rhonda quartz version too for those who fancy it.

· Registered
4,615 Posts
Sadly one of Mrs DC66 friends passed away last week. She was in her late 70s. She left all the contents of the house to Mrs DC66. Amongst the jewellery was a couple of watches that belonged to her husband who passed away 22 years ago. I particularly like this one.
Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory

So I'm thinking of changing the strap to a leather one and wearing it.
I've no idea how old it is. It's wind up and still works. There isn't a removable back, it seems all in one. Don't know if it's a fake or not. I don't know how to tell! But I like it and it works so I suppose it doesn't matter.

· Registered
8,083 Posts
Hard to tell from the pictures. Once the strap is off it may be more obvious but it’s a nice watch. I would suggest it’s likely to be genuine.

Is the case gold )(plated or rolled) and the back stainless? If so it’ll likely be a press fit back with a very narrow a lot somewhere to pop the back off

Fixoflex (the style of strap) were common in the 70s and suit that well

· Registered
8,083 Posts
30 second google tells me that it loads the movement through the front so the ‘key’ is a crystal lift likely from some others seen that it’s 14k gold. There is also something about a one piece stem and needing to remove the hands and dial to get to it.

If it needs a service it’s probably best left to a professional.

· Registered
4,615 Posts
Thanks, I've just been googling it too! It seems to be working fine and keeping time. The only reason I wanted to open it was to find the serial number so I can date it. Reading up on this, I don't think I'll bother lol

· Registered
4,615 Posts
There is also a Raymond Weil watch which looks like it was his every day watch.

Rectangle Eyewear Material property Automotive lighting Jewellery

A lot more wear.
And a ladies rolex

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Natural material

Watch Analog watch Light Clock Watch accessory

Could be real, could be fake. I don't know. The lady was quite wealthy, but also bought some right junk! Lol

· Registered
4,615 Posts
I think the "day/date" lettering on a no date dial is a slight clue. :)
Lol never noticed that lol

Anyway, I've been into a watch place in town and they have put a new strap on the Tissot. It's a dark brown leather one, more my taste. I say taste, but I don't really go in for watches so I've never really though about what my taste is. I did buy a Russian watch last year because I thought it was about time I owned a watch and it was suitably quirky for me. Then Putin did what he did and I don't feel like wearing a Russian watch anymore!
The guy in the watch shop thinks the Tissot is from the mid 60s. I'm very happy with that, matches the age of my car! Lol

· Administrator
69,525 Posts
Sadly one of Mrs DC66 friends passed away last week. She was in her late 70s. She left all the contents of the house to Mrs DC66. Amongst the jewellery was a couple of watches that belonged to her husband who passed away 22 years ago. I particularly like this one.
View attachment 302786

So I'm thinking of changing the strap to a leather one and wearing it.
I've no idea how old it is. It's wind up and still works. There isn't a removable back, it seems all in one. Don't know if it's a fake or not. I don't know how to tell! But I like it and it works so I suppose it doesn't matter.
This is a 1960s Tissot Seastar - very cool - and generally not forged/faked.

Nice find. (y)

· Administrator
69,525 Posts
Lol never noticed that lol

Anyway, I've been into a watch place in town and they have put a new strap on the Tissot. It's a dark brown leather one, more my taste. I say taste, but I don't really go in for watches so I've never really though about what my taste is. I did buy a Russian watch last year because I thought it was about time I owned a watch and it was suitably quirky for me. Then Putin did what he did and I don't feel like wearing a Russian watch anymore!
The guy in the watch shop thinks the Tissot is from the mid 60s. I'm very happy with that, matches the age of my car! Lol
Ah! Just saw this. Yes, 60s... very cool. :cool:🤙

681 - 700 of 711 Posts