Volkszone Forum banner
701 - 711 of 711 Posts

· Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,545 Posts
After, I spent ages setting the lettering I wanted (in reverse, after peeling them off the backing and setting them on clear tape. lined evrything up on the dial, and as Ilifted the tape off, it pulled some of the paint off the dial. :( This is after the lacquer didn't dry properly the first time, and had to strip it and start again. I don't know why people bother with custom watches.

· Administrator
69,525 Posts
After, I spent ages setting the lettering I wanted (in reverse, after peeling them off the backing and setting them on clear tape. lined evrything up on the dial, and as Ilifted the tape off, it pulled some of the paint off the dial. :( This is after the lacquer didn't dry properly the first time, and had to strip it and start again. I don't know why people bother with custom watches.
😕

· Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,545 Posts
I was a good boy, and quietly put the tools and everything away - then went for several beers. :)
I think I'll use the spare blue sunray dial to avoid any further paint issues. I know I'll get somewhere with it, eventually.

In other news, I have registered an interest with Christopher Ward, for a Bel Canto, when they bring one out in a colour I like.
I can't afford it, but I think there'll be plenty of savey-uppy time. :)

701 - 711 of 711 Posts