Volkszone Forum banner
721 - 736 of 736 Posts

· Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,557 Posts
I'm a big fan of CW and Tudor. I'd quite like a black bay, or a pelagos, but also keep looking at some of the CW stuff as well.

I still haven't got a 7c46 powered Tuna.. I did buy a new watch though back in the Black Friday sales, as it was calling out to me.

Hamilton Field Mechanical, in white. I've been putting off buying one for ages, because my trusty Seiko SNK is quite similar.

I bought my Seiko back when they were well under £80, and the Hamilton, although no date, and although hand wound, is quite a lot more even when on sale.. however the current Seiko field watches are circa £250 and although you get a day and date, and it's an automatic, the Hamilton even at a premium just called out to me. View attachment 303684
Creation Watches have a Seiko SNK805K2 day/date automatic for a reasonble £87, and there's also a 15% off voucher too.
Pity I don't like canvas straps.

· Help! I'm trapped in here
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #724 ·
I do like that Hamilton, was looking at them when I was feeling guilty for using an old Tag Heuer for run/bike/walk But in reality it’s probably worth more than the Tag.
View attachment 303686
Hammy's turn up used fairly cheaply, the RRP is £430 I think on a NATO, more on the bracelet obviously. You can often get them on sale for closer to £300 than £400 though, and used they're even more of a bargain.

Creation Watches have a Seiko SNK805K2 day/date automatic for a reasonble £87, and there's also a 15% off voucher too.
Pity I don't like canvas straps.
It's an 18mm lug width on them mate, if you wanted to put one on something else. To be honest though, they don't hack, they don't hand wind, and mine lives a lot of time in the box because setting the day and date and having to do the seiko shuffle before I wear it can be a pain; even Seiko have come on since then, but you pay a premium for that.

· Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,557 Posts
After getting fed up ofusing the dining table as a watch workbench, I had a brainwave, and decided that a writing bureau would be a good idea.
A search on the usual sites indicated that I'd be travelling to find a good one, so I checked out the local charity shops, where I found this -
Cabinetry Furniture Dresser Chest of drawers Drawer

So now, I have somewhere to play, without having to shift everything every meal time.

Furniture Table Christmas tree Cabinetry Wood

All for the princely sum of £20! (y) (y)

· Administrator
69,578 Posts
After getting fed up ofusing the dining table as a watch workbench, I had a brainwave, and decided that a writing bureau would be a good idea.
A search on the usual sites indicated that I'd be travelling to find a good one, so I checked out the local charity shops, where I found this -
View attachment 303788

So now, I have somewhere to play, without having to shift everything every meal time.

View attachment 303790

All for the princely sum of £20! (y) (y)
:cool:🤙

· Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,557 Posts
So, I fell victim to the common ETA problem of the sliding clutch jumping out of place when trying to refit the stem. Annoying, but not the end of the world. Dial off, datewheel and associated gears off, the pull the keyless levers out. All went well, until the miniscule pinion on the end of the setting lever decided to jump of, bounnce off my wrist and land somewhere in the nice deep pile carpet...😱😱

It took me nearly an hour of lying on the floor, with bright led lighting and a small magnet on a stick, but I found it! Now the main setting lever spring doesn't want to go back on. Build your own watch, they said it'll be fun...

· Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,557 Posts
In finally managed to get this together.

Watch Analog watch Photograph Azure Clock

But it won't be together for long, as I had to use a slightly damaged back-up dial, so that needs changing. Also, it's still having winding/date change issues, but I'm getting slighty fed up of stripping and rebuilding the keyless works. I'm wearing it right now, to see how it goes with timekeping.

In truth, it will be getting whizzed into the watchcase next week, because I have a new Bulova on the way. :)
Pics to follow...

· Administrator
69,578 Posts

View attachment 303931

But it won't be together for long, as I had to use a slightly damaged back-up dial, so that needs changing. Also, it's still having winding/date change issues, but I'm getting slighty fed up of stripping and rebuilding the keyless works. I'm wearing it right now, to see how it goes with timekeping.

In truth, it will be getting whizzed into the watchcase next week, because I have a new Bulova on the way. :)
Pics to follow...
(y)

· Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,557 Posts

View attachment 303931

Pics to follow...
After 10 days of keeping it running, it has gained 93 seconds. Nine seconds per day is well within tolerance, especially as I haven't regulated it yet. I was ordering a timegrapher right up until I found the Lunar Pilot, and spent my spare cash on that instead. :)

· Administrator
69,578 Posts
After 10 days of keeping it running, it has gained 93 seconds. Nine seconds per day is well within tolerance, especially as I haven't regulated it yet.
That's good. (y)

I was ordering a timegrapher right up until I found the Lunar Pilot, and spent my spare cash on that instead. :)
😂

721 - 736 of 736 Posts