Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tax exempt tintop bay project fs, more pics 04.06.07

So the the shits hit the fan and van needs to go. bloody shame really but yey what can you do!

deatails are:

its a 71 bay, in white. tax exempt of course, i bought it as a project to get back on the road but money problems mean i now can't do that. Its very solid, and i will post pics to show this when i get the new ones off the cam.

I bought it with no log book, no history, and it had an engine fire. I have now got the log book, wrote to all the previous owners and built up a good picture of the buses life, and the fire damage is now sorted.

It comes with all the panels to finish it off, which include doors, engine lid, sliding door(welded and filled), tail gate, rear corners, arches etc!
I have a engine for it, i also have a few boxes full of stuff like, lights, seals(some new), some interior bits. it also has a standard beam, a lowered beam(which is apprently very low) so basically your getting a everything needed to finish this project off.

crappy pics for now. will add more detailed ones later. and all im asking is £1400 ono.

when i got it:

after i sorted the fire damage, and cut what rust here was out:

sorry for the lack of pics, update soon!

oh and forgot to mention i live in postal area ts17 thats teesside. I can also put you in contact with a man who can deliver if your too far away. call or pm me if you need to ask me anything 07949290806

Thanks, Leon

UPDATE:

more down the bottom!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
up for the tea timers!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
ignore me ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
up!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
up!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and again!

·
Registered
253 Posts
hi intrested in ur bus just lookin for a price for delivery im down in the south east tn5 postal just lookin for a price to deliver ewen [email protected]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all pm's replied to

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its still here.... 1400.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
STILL FOR SALE!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I need to warn people who may be considering buying this bus.

I recently did a deal on this Bus with Leon Player and basically got played by him. He told me the bus was really good and had a solid chassis. He lied. I really trusted him and description and reassurance he gave me on the phone that this bus was in very good condition.
Basing my offer on the amazing bus we settled on £1300 for the bus and £320 delivery.
I gave him £650 deposit and he got a guy off of VZi to deliver the bus named Rich. Rich is very nice guy and has nothing to do with the deal apart from delivery.

Prior to this I had called Leon and asked for some more details of the bus and these are the things he said to me.

He said; It comes with all the panels to finish it of:
Which include doors: He told me the doors were serviceable and needed little repair. However both doors were shagged and you would need new doors.

Engine lid; again perforated with rust along the top, I would consider it scrap.

Sliding door (welded and filled) good condition he says, again the door has had filler applied to it like plaster very badly and needs to be dug out and done again totally. It looked more trouble than its worth.

He told me the chassis was totally solid and the Bus needs just the front arches and rear corners doing with a repair to the outer sill. He said the chassis was so very good.

Bullshit: The Bus needs the complete bottom 6 inches welding in all around, including the rear arches which look like have been welded on over the originals or have some filler in them as they are Ω an inch think at the bottom in places.

The Bus needs a FULL resto!

He didnít tell me about the perforated rear window frames on this very solid bus and he didnít tell me about the rear hatch right side slam panel area perforated with rust.

He has totally hacked out the wheel arches and its horrible.
The front beam was not supplied with the bus just the lowered one which was painted red and also had hole in it that needed welding.

The engine he sent me, which again he sold to me as good looked like it had been sitting around for years and had virtually no compression on 2 cylinders. So much for the good engine.

The chassis which he told me was good was also rusty a hell. Basically he claims he thought Belly pans are the same thing as a chassis. They were dented and holed to buggery and on top of that you could see wat looked like deep rust on the rails. Massive chunks for rust just fell out of the holes. So how is this chassis solid when you canít even see it? How can you say that? You canít say your entire chassis is solid when you canít see more than half of it. Plus he told me the whole thing was a1 and he saw the chassis rails and they were good. The jacking points are gone and the rust looks deep on the rails through the holes.

Also it looked like minimum 3 of the jacking points were in need of replacing. Also the inner and outer sills on both sides need welding, not bodging.

Lastly saying that everything is there to complete the bus was a lie as there is no way on earth you could complete the bus with the crap he sent with it. No interior and very little with it.

Rich who was delivering the Bus was also pretty shocked. This isnít a £1300 bus itís a £500 bus at best.

Anton who is SwitchThreeSixty of Vzi saw the bus and I asked Rich to get Anton opinion and I think he concurred with Rich and I that this was a badly described Bus. No way was it worth £1300 + £320 delivery (£1600)
I don't know Anton well although I have met him. He doesn't owe me, but I wanted an independent opinion which was fair. See if I was being fair.

I got on the phone to Leon and he told me to just send it back. I said to him we could go halves on the delivery as that was seem the most fair and put this episode behind us.
Anyway he has the bus back and surprise, surprise he backed out and is making me foot the entire bill for the delivery even though 2 independent persons backed up my estimation of the busís condition as very poorly described.

He actually said that he shouldnít have given me any money back at all which kind of sums the fella up.

I offered him £700 for the Bus and still would pay the full delivery but he never got back to me. Rich and I waited 2.5-3 hours hoping to hear back from him. Rich got to Antons at 10.30-11ish and still no word, so rich had to take it all the way back home. He was supposed to collect his own Bus from Anton that night.

All I can say is sorry to Rich who I didnít know until I met him about all the hassle and I feel bad he had to endure an epic journey with no good results. It was good to meet you though Rich, see you at a show buddy.

Iím so pissed. He should have the decency to return my money and pay half the transport costs accepting the some of the blame for badly describing the bus.

Please keep this in mind when dealing with Leon. Bad Karma.

AL

leon_player said:
So the the shits hit the fan and van needs to go. bloody shame really but yey what can you do!

deatails are:

its a 71 bay, in white. tax exempt of course, i bought it as a project to get back on the road but money problems mean i now can't do that. Its very solid, and i will post pics to show this when i get the new ones off the cam.

I bought it with no log book, no history, and it had an engine fire. I have now got the log book, wrote to all the previous owners and built up a good picture of the buses life, and the fire damage is now sorted.

It comes with all the panels to finish it off, which include doors, engine lid, sliding door(welded and filled), tail gate, rear corners, arches etc!
I have a engine for it, i also have a few boxes full of stuff like, lights, seals(some new), some interior bits. it also has a standard beam, a lowered beam(which is apprently very low) so basically your getting a everything needed to finish this project off.

crappy pics for now. will add more detailed ones later. and all im asking is £1400 ono.

when i got it:

after i sorted the fire damage, and cut what rust here was out:

sorry for the lack of pics, update soon!

oh and forgot to mention i live in postal area ts17 thats teesside. I can also put you in contact with a man who can deliver if your too far away. call or pm me if you need to ask me anything 07949290806

Thanks, Leon

UPDATE:

more down the bottom!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts