Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I heard this news in the car yesterday I nearly crashed. I am so incensed by this why should they get this lump sum for doing their job for godsake. Wouldn';t we all love to get tax free money for doing our work, the Government are not going to help out the NHS who is massively in debt and facing ward closures, services being withdrawn and job loses, but will pay soldiers extra money free for doing their dirty work. IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL :mad:
I know some will disagree but I had to get this off my chest

·
Watercooled, and warm!
10,277 Posts
FUCK OF SHIT HEAD

We go through more crap than you could imagine in our line of work, some of the stuff our intel reports tell us is enough to make you sick.

Due to the nature of my job I dont get to spend that much time out of the country, but I heartily agree that the people who do should get a tax break. Can you imagine what the people in the frontline infantary units have to put up with day to day, oh wait no you can't because you are stupid and insensitive, I know that soldiers in other wars never got tax breaks but times change.

Don't forget that out of all the government workers we are the only ones who can't form unions and get better pay/conditions in an open forum type way, like the Firemen and Police etc, we also earn less than they do on average, and have to spend much more time away from our families. And think of all the service people who daily put their lives on the line trying to help civilians in another country whilst fanatics try to kill them.

Shut up and fuck off retard :mad:

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Point taken, But

Its not tax free money.

Its a £2200 or whatever extra pay for being on or near a hostile/ front line.

It works out to roughly to what they pay a year in tax so it cancels this out

Some would say the same thing.

They get a pitance for pay as it is.

Give em a break. :D

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
They are working outside this shithole of a country, so why the fuck should they pay taxes for illegal immigrants to have medical care, bins to be emptied, police forces that have their hands tied etc etc etc. Now let me see, if you were working in say Oman, would you be happy to pay UK taxes too, no i dont think so.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I totaly agree with it the armed forces/police/fire service etc dont get the respect and thanks they deserve in this country. :group:

·
I really must get out more
6,153 Posts
I think the government have handled this spectacularly badly. The armed forces should be paid what they are worth, which is a job lot more than they are currently getting. If it was given as a permanent pay increase then the soldiers would be happy and nobody would begrudge them anything.

However, the point is why should anyone get a tax rebate? Pay the guys more in the first place. The government shouldn't be handing out sweeteners, but sorting out the original problem.

If a soldier spends a large proportion of time on active service abroad maybe they should qualify for reduced tax bills for being non-resident.

I don't think 'thebetterhalf' was angry at soldiers getting more money, but angry at the way this idiot government makes crass policy decisions that get everyone's backs up.

·
Registered
34,511 Posts
tufty said:
They get a pitance for pay as it is.

Give em a break. :D
Thats what i think-they really do get shit money i don`t begrudge them a few quid....if they didn`t get it the government would waste it somewhere else.
The 3 para battle group were on the news today home from Afganistan-unfortunately there were 16 who came home early in coffins.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Military pay isnt a pitance, or at least it wasnt when i left 12 years ago, we got paid for what we could do, but to press the point home, why should a soldier, airman, sailor, who is serving overseas anywhere in the world, pay UK taxes, they dont see the benefit.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BarryWinsper said:
FUCK OF SHIT HEAD

We go through more crap than you could imagine in our line of work, some of the stuff our intel reports tell us is enough to make you sick.

Due to the nature of my job I dont get to spend that much time out of the country, but I heartily agree that the people who do should get a tax break. Can you imagine what the people in the frontline infantary units have to put up with day to day, oh wait no you can't because you are stupid and insensitive, I know that soldiers in other wars never got tax breaks but times change.

Don't forget that out of all the government workers we are the only ones who can't form unions and get better pay/conditions in an open forum type way, like the Firemen and Police etc, we also earn less than they do on average, and have to spend much more time away from our families. And think of all the service people who daily put their lives on the line trying to help civilians in another country whilst fanatics try to kill them.

Shut up and fuck off retard :mad:
I was stating my opinion and I don't think that this reply was necessarily called for. I appreciate that your colleages do a good job but what I was trying to get accross was that there are people from all walks of life that put there life on the line or do jobs that make them vulnerable and what do they get as a rewrd for doing their job? e.g. firemen, nurses, doctors, paramedics, road workers etc.. You chose your job and your career, you knew what would / could be called for. As for the fact that other workers have unions to fight for better pay and conditions don't make me laugh, they are threatened with services being reduced or withdrawn and job loses

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
i agree with the comments... the forces are underpaid and i think they should get a pay rise but as said the goverment handled it badly... i think nurses,police and fire service probably feel insulted by it...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
focus_driver said:
I think the government have handled this spectacularly badly. The armed forces should be paid what they are worth, which is a job lot more than they are currently getting. If it was given as a permanent pay increase then the soldiers would be happy and nobody would begrudge them anything.

However, the point is why should anyone get a tax rebate? Pay the guys more in the first place. The government shouldn't be handing out sweeteners, but sorting out the original problem.

If a soldier spends a large proportion of time on active service abroad maybe they should qualify for reduced tax bills for being non-resident.

I don't think 'thebetterhalf' was angry at soldiers getting more money, but angry at the way this idiot government makes crass policy decisions that get everyone's backs up.
Yep totally agree thats what I was trying to get accross

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Stark said:
Military pay isnt a pitance, or at least it wasnt when i left 12 years ago, we got paid for what we could do, but to press the point home, why should a soldier, airman, sailor, who is serving overseas anywhere in the world, pay UK taxes, they dont see the benefit.
It is compared to the national average,

What did they reckon on the news £14200 or something.

The national average is £26151.

Quite a difference!

I Think they should only pay tax while in the country as they seem to be abroad most of the time these days.

·
Holy Calamity
67,056 Posts
Stark said:
They are working outside this shithole of a country, so why the fuck should they pay taxes for illegal immigrants to have medical care, bins to be emptied, police forces that have their hands tied etc etc etc. Now let me see, if you were working in say Oman, would you be happy to pay UK taxes too, no i dont think so.
So all those guns, clothes, vehicles, all that equipment, all the food they eat, all the accomodation and everything else that they do out there that costs money...

...how is it funded then?

Errrrrrrrrr... The UK taxpayer :)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
thebetterhalf said:
I was stating my opinion and I don't think that this reply was necessarily called for. I appreciate that your colleages do a good job but what I was trying to get accross was that there are people from all walks of life that put there life on the line or do jobs that make them vulnerable and what do they get as a rewrd for doing their job? e.g. firemen, nurses, doctors, paramedics, road workers etc.. You chose your job and your career, you knew what would / could be called for. As for the fact that other workers have unions to fight for better pay and conditions don't make me laugh, they are threatened with services being reduced or withdrawn and job loses
I agree with your comments too, however, although firemen, nurses, doctors, paramedics and road workers etc may put their life on the line, they all do it in this country, so they all live here, they all have the luxury of a health service, local services such as they supply. A member of the armed services, serving abroad in a combat zone (albeit dictated by the government of the day), has none of this, so why should they pay for it. I agree, having served in the forces myself that the job dictates that you put yourself in the line of fire, but i dont think that the payment is purely for that alone, its for what you arent getting.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
DarrenW said:
So all those guns, clothes, vehicles, all that equipment, all the food they eat, all the accomodation and everything else that they do out there that costs money...

...how is it funded then?

Errrrrrrrrr... The UK taxpayer :)
The price you pay for freedom unfortunately

·
Registered
34,511 Posts
Stark said:
From a civillian perspective i weigh up the odds of getting seriously hurt or killed... in peacetime you get to do a lot of marching and keep fit but at the moment it`s a fairly dodgy occupation IMO...

·
Watercooled, and warm!
10,277 Posts
thebetterhalf said:
Do you have any Idea of the man power cuts that we have to put up with, along with the out of date equipment, and criminal under spending whilst being massively over tasked? And as for your point about knowing what we were letting ourselves in for when we joined up argument, what a pile of crap, when I joined up a decade ago the world was a very different place, we were still expecting to fight an enemy that was either the IRA or a uniformend service from another country. Where as today we are fighting in countries where at times it seems like the whole civilian population wants to kill you, how many nurses do that eh?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
tufty said:
It is compared to the national average,

What did they reckon on the news £14200 or something.

The national average is £26151.

Quite a difference!

I Think they should only pay tax while in the country as they seem to be abroad most of the time these days.
The national average, can be equated in the military with the same brush, yeah the guy right at the bottom earns shit money, as you progress, you earn more.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts