Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many times have you done something you've regretted? Perhaps more that a few if you're the average human being. Thankfully though, for most, these regrets don't end up on YouTube for all to see...including your employer. This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened but British private school teacher Sarah Green has found herself suspended from her job after her students unearthed a video she did for Scruffs Hardware construction clothing two years before taking her current teaching position.

Still, a good advert though.

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
God help me if they ever find those ads I did for adult incontinence pants!

And before anyone starts saying they can't fire her, it's in our contracts not to do anything to 'bring the school into disrepute'.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
God help me if they ever find those ads I did for adult incontinence pants!

And before anyone starts saying they can't fire her, it's in our contracts not to do anything to 'bring the school into disrepute'.
How can action be taken for something that happened before your association with the school?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I don't see how she "brought the scchool into disrepute". That's like saying if it was shown I had made a tit of myself (which tends to still happen frequently) and got a teaching job, they could fire me for something done years ago...

Cracking advert though! Makes you wonder exactly what her students were looking for when they found that.

Ric

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
How can action be taken for something that happened before your association with the school?
In a private school you are be expected to disclose any activities you have been involved with that may potentially damage the reputation of the school prior to taking up the post. Then you sign the 'disrepute' contract. I'm sure it's the same for city firms etc.

I don't think it's right, I just know what they would do/say to get shot of her. Personally I would promote her immediately.

·
26,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
In a private school you are be expected to disclose any activities you have been involved with that may potentially damage the reputation of the school prior to taking up the post. Then you sign the 'disrepute' contract. I'm sure it's the same for city firms etc.

I don't think it's right, I just know what they would do/say to get shot of her. Personally I would promote her immediately.
I see.

I'd have promoted her too... ;)

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
I can just imagine some of the spotty little scrotes in school asking for the 'action trousers' etc to become part of school uniform ;)

·
13,093 Posts
pmsl!! :lol:

Well, I did post it under the pretence that we would have a discussion about the rights and wrongs of her being suspended but, to be completely honest, I just wanted to see those fitties in compromising positions. :D
u drooling over workmen again buddy?? :incheek:

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
And I bet the subject that she teaches has suddenly become very popular indeed ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts