Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
struggled for ages with the search, no joy.

tried google...links are mostly dead.

does anyone know of a good link, for lowering a bug? bay?

·
Registered
386 Posts
well which do you want lowering, how low, and how much can you spend?

you can lower a bug or bus at the front, by buying a beam adjuster and welding it into the front beam, or even a full adjustable front beam for £150 :) that sorts out the front, and the back is free - just turn the splines on the torsion bars.

if you want it to ride well, and get quite low at the front, you'll need dropped spindles too, which are 2-300quid a pair.. they lower a bug or bus by 2.5" and increase the track by about 1/2" each side too.. but if you want to go lower, you'll need an adjustable beam, as mentioned ealier, aswell.

so how low do you wanna go? and how much have you got to spend?

Matt :)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Also to do it properly you''ll need new 'shock absorbers'. The usual places like Street style and power or machine 7 sell a range and will also be able to advise, depending on your budget and how low you want to do etc.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i want to lower the bug, not drastically, but so the wheels fit a little more snug in the arches.

i know the back end was free, lol,but was hoping for a how to type guide, there must be one on the web, well, ive seen a few titles, that had pics, but the links were dead.

i wanted to also lower the bus, 79 bay, so i can get it in the garage......
i wanted to go as low as possibe, but withou any concerns for speed bumps, or bottoming out on the usual road conditions.

thanks.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahh...that guide looks good, i will favourite that...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts