Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Holy Calamity
67,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
w0000tz0rz!

Enrolling the help of the neighbour's kids paid dividends yesterday evening:

I got myself quite a bounty - I narrowed it down from an initial batch of about 20 to those five, I stopped short of holding auditions in an x-factor stylee, it was essentially random :D

Now the carefully planned selection process begins. I need to decide which ones to enter in the Conker Concours and which in Pro-Mod. I also need a team name, corresponding colour scheme and sponsorship :D

Also, I have been put on the trail of what could turn out to be a bit of a barn-find conker haul, several years old now and therefore PERFECT for use in the championsheeeeeep. Got to work out whether I want to go Hoodride or Resto-Cal with them, it'll depend on how original/tidy they are I guess.

I guess we're sticking with those two main classes? Or shall we run some "outlaw" conkers too? :lol:

Can anyone recommend a shoelace supplier? I want to be as safe as possible during the event so I guess I'll be needing Nomex ones.

COME ON COME ON LET'S SEE YOURS, FILTHERS! :lol:

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I rekon we need an AE class to be honest, that way I can hollow one and use my "special mix" inside

·
Holy Calamity
67,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wedgedout said:
I rekon we need an AE class to be honest, that way I can hollow one and use my "special mix" inside
So long as they are filled BEFORE the event, the thought of you arriving and announcing "I'm just off to fill me conkers with special mix" is a bit much tbh :lol:

AE sounds good though, I reckon I've got the 00B3R s|<1lLz0rZ to win that category :D

·
Holy Calamity
67,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wagvr6 said:
now i dont mean to pull rank here but.....................

all comers taken on ,
the 2006 championship is in 2 weeks and i shall defend my (burger king) crown,
Ooh cool! Ours is in just over a month. Might head down to run-in my new conkers, get some victories under my belt beforehand :D

Where's the event? :lol:

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
must be a different championship... The TF Championship.... Finals held in about 5 weeks time...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
invite only im afraid,
I take it that you are a registered conkerman and not some renegade shyster ?,
the world of conkering doesnt need any more of your kind with talk of "mixtures",
not since the "vinegar incident" of 94 when scoff cruddle was deported for conker tampering it took years for us to get our olympic status back,

·
Holy Calamity
67,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wagvr6 said:
invite only im afraid,
I take it that you are a registered conkerman and not some renegade shyster ?,
the world of conkering doesnt need any more of your kind with talk of "mixtures",
not since the "vinegar incident" of 94 when scoff cruddle was deported for conker tampering it took years for us to get our olympic status back,
I, for one, am proud of my "renegade shyster" status :D

Vinegar is for l00sers. I have my own special blend of herbs and alcohol that is guaranteed to be most effective :D

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
If you are truly serious about your conkering skills and are happy to pit them against an aknowledged champion of the sport/lifestyle ,
then i shall go forthwith to my favoured chestnut and make my offerings to it (lobbing big sticks) for which i shall be rewarded with a fine specemin that shall twat yours into pieces ,
we can then share in your herb and alcohol and look back over the battle and become allies in future wars against other shysters,

·
Registered
199 Posts
Darren - you want to find a leather shoe lace for your string, these stretch less than normal thread laces when you take a shot & hence you can be more accurate ;) Also carefull filling of the hole through your chosen conker to smoothen it up will help reduce stress fractures which lead up to the conker failing :hangloose

BTW; we have the Conker World championship held around these parts (at Ashton in Northants) Our office assistants ex-husband (tenuous :rolleyes: ) ended up winning it a couple of years back - and he only turned up to watch and drink a few pints :D

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
polly said:
when is this happening anyway am I gonna be there?
OMGWTFBONFIRE :D.

We're going to start fires, let off fireworks and play conkers. It'll be like school all over again ;)

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Kafer was reasonably happy with this years conker harvest. :D

Now its time to modify

1 - 20 of 62 Posts