Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
I'm not registered so I can't read it.

Is it anything like the South Africans who didn't like "their" (German) vehicles leaving SA? ;)

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
When we went to the Autostadt in Germany in September we met a really nice Australian couple and we talked about cars being shipped from Australia.

As far as they were concerned, if someone's prepared to export it over to their country then they're obviously gonna care for it. Better that than it end up in a scrap yard for a tiny rust hole (as most of them do!)

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
I've seen loads of bitchy comments on Vintagebus.com on the photos about how Bays "aren't classics" and how "only splittys are worth restoring" well if they ain't worth it, send them to us! :D

·
Registered
34,511 Posts
That must be the longest thing i ever read online.

·
I really must get out more
5,667 Posts
i have had a few tiffs with barn door mafia before :incheek:
nice to see he thinks irelands a 3rd world country i am sure he regrets typing that :D

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
xx1 said:
i have had a few tiffs with barn door mafia before :incheek:
nice to see he thinks irelands a 3rd world country i am sure he regrets typing that :D
:lol: i think thats called friendly fire :lol:

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
One of the richest nations, one of the worlds most voracious consumer nations,
that consumed vw;s through the 50's and 60's and on in massive numbers which is why they are there (in america) in the first place. Moaning about people from outside the states buying buses?
also blaming the uk for the fact that bus prices are going up?
supply and demand obviously has nothing to do with it then ?
what a bunch of idiots. Im gonna post a link to my panel resto in readers rides
might even tell em what i paid for it. i bet they would shit themselves
dumbass's

·
Registered
34,511 Posts
von-van said:
One of the richest nations, one of the worlds most voracious consumer nations,
that consumed vw;s through the 50's and 60's and on in massive numbers which is why they are there (in america) in the first place. Moaning about people from outside the states buying buses?
also blaming the uk for the fact that bus prices are going up?
supply and demand obviously has nothing to do with it then ?
what a bunch of idiots. Im gonna post a link to my panel resto in readers rides
might even tell em what i paid for it. i bet they would shit themselves
dumbass's
Without sounding too anti American the majority of yanks have no idea whats happening outside their borders......the one constant is they are brainwashed that Americans are right-right about everything...just look at how many of them have never left the place for a start.

They also neglect to mention how many of the buses shipped here are misdescribed shitboxes.

Still-they know best.

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
well, if us guys here are prepared to put in the work; then why the hell not??? and that goes for any vw, not just a splitty...

Man, some people just piss me off... but yes i can see their point (South African's) but then again, they should know most of their cars are still going strong as well. our 63 is not perfect, but damn near so....and will be alright for a long time still.

but then again the owner knew why we wanted the 63 bug...

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
FACT only 30 % of americans have a passport.

will be interesting to read their responses to my snappy retort
old chaps. what what :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's like a car-crash thread... you know you shouldn't look but...

To be fair it's only a few narrow-minded xenophobic twats that are getting them all bad name - I know quite a few Americans and none come even close to that kind of an attitude.

Here's an example - check his email suffix... enough said?

Some guy from Scandinavia pointed out "didnt they cross the atlantic the other way, in the beginning?" :)

The economy here is very strong at the moment, as are exchange rates - You pays your money, you takes your chance - it'll doubtless change in time but for the moment enjoy it whilst you can!

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
I'm a Canadian. I work hard to educate British children, thousands have sat in my lessons. If I want to drive an LHD bus here, I bloody well will. If someone in Cali advertises a good one for sale and I want to buy it, and am willing to pay to have it shipped over here- I bloodly well will. In fact, I have. 1971 Westfalia from S California. One previous owner who was delighted to take my money.

Oh, and I'm now a British citizen as well.

Simple, put something up for sale, and someone who has the dosh will buy it. America coined the phrase 'Supply and Demand'.

Why do VWs and their parts last so well there? Obviously the climate. This is the same climate that has millions of people travelling to the U.S. every year to spend their tourist dollars. So, they'll take our money for one thing and not the other. Sorry, it don't work like that.

Shane

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Shamrockez said:
Can anyone point out where the 'register' button is on the Samba??? I've been looking for ages and can't see one :(
At the very top off that link on page 1 of this thread. On the left in little underlined writing.

Only just located it myself :)

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
before this turns into the Samba v Volkszone, there's a lot of great folks on the Samba

I don't look at bus threads much, but the off road stuff is fantastic, there is a lot of really good advice available, and I've bought parts from the US that jsut aren't available here, based on recomendations on the Samba before now

We've had some fun in the past with the Brits v Yanks stuff (cue fond memories of the German Folks thread - anyone "need a quite word" ;) ?) but there's no need for lack of respect (in either direction) for the sake of it

So lets all think twice before posting - on either VZi or the Samba - based on national stereotypes rather than useful contribution to the discussion ?

That said, if muppets need lampooning because they are muppets, rather than because they are American, thats a different matter :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts