Volkszone Forum banner
401 - 420 of 431 Posts

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,527 Posts

saw this on eBay a while back. Seller had bought at auction and was flipping for a good few thousand more iirc (even used the auction pics in his eBay ad)

so here it is now as a £10k PROJECT lol , needs repainting, carbs , engine leak (fully restored..)

hopefully this is still the greedy flipper who owns it and not some gullible buyer who has overpaid vastly !

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
It looks like something from the CARS film with a big grin!

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·

·
Saddest VZi'er 2020
6,708 Posts
Not really a classic in the true sense, because they’re available new,but my latest unrequited obsession is one of these:

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #408 ·

·
Saddest VZi'er 2020
6,708 Posts
Cool. What is it? How much are they new?
It’s a UAZ 452. Russian 4x4 utility van.

They’re about £9K new in Russia, before any taxes.

There’s an importer in Germany, and another in Belgium, both of whom have sorted the paperwork to bring them in, get the type approval paperwork sorted and transportation etc. They’re about €22K with all that sorted. Obviously any vat/duty chargeable by the EU comes off of that, to be replaced by the equivalent UK ones, plus IVA and registration (which should be a formality).

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·

There’s an importer in Germany, and another in Belgium, both of whom have sorted the paperwork to bring them in, get the type approval paperwork sorted and transportation etc. They’re about €22K with all that sorted. Obviously any vat/duty chargeable by the EU comes off of that, to be replaced by the equivalent UK ones, plus IVA and registration (which should be a formality).
Every day is a school day! They're really cool. I see the Lada Niva is back available brand new in the U.K. and I really like them too :)

·
Registered
3,446 Posts

You could also buy a reg UAZ452 for it when you get one (have checked it's not allocated yet) it's a 1998 Belfast plate :)

·
Saddest VZi'er 2020
6,708 Posts
I would love one but, as ever, funds and practicalities don’t tally with the idea. I had seriously considered selling the Land-Rover to get one, but I have been burned more than once with the somewhat mythological aura around Soviet kit. They’re normally a complete spectrum of quality from massively over-engineered right through to comically rubbish.
The running gear on them looks pretty robust, but the bodywork is pretty shoddy. I’m better off sticking with the Landy.

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #414 ·
I would love one but, as ever, funds and practicalities don’t tally with the idea. I had seriously considered selling the Land-Rover to get one, but I have been burned more than once with the somewhat mythological aura around Soviet kit. They’re normally a complete spectrum of quality from massively over-engineered right through to comically rubbish.
The running gear on them looks pretty robust, but the bodywork is pretty shoddy. I’m better off sticking with the Landy.
Been mooching today. Found this in the brochure:

Massive want face!!

Reactions: GlenAnderson

·
Saddest VZi'er 2020
6,708 Posts
I have the same face 🤣🤣🤣

·
Saddest VZi'er 2020
6,708 Posts
I think that, even if you went out there and paid the £9K across the counter for one, by the time you’ve paid flights, fuel, ferries, food, accommodation, import duty, vat, IVA, registration and it’s sat on the drive with UK plates, taxed and ready to go, you’ll be lucky to get change from £18K and you’ll have given up at least a weeks wages/annual leave on top.

I’d still roll one.

·
Saddest VZi'er 2020
6,708 Posts
And you'd have a proper story to tell. I'd do that.
Absolutely. Unfortunately, the house decision maker says no. Or at least, “only if you sell the Land-Rover to finance it”. I’d want to run them in parallel before making the final decision on parting with the Landy as that would be an irreversible decision.

And I don’t have the money, time or energy for any more projects.

🤣

401 - 420 of 431 Posts