Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help guys.
Looking to go to Amsterdam on the 15th of Dec for a couple of days/nights, anyone know where i would find the cheapest flights etc and accomodation on the net??
Cheers

Sperm. ;)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Could you get to a port? I took my fella for his birthday and we went on P&O Ferries. En-suite cabin and coach from the port to the centre of Amsterdam.
I got it when they were doing buy one get one free but it's probably still cheaper than flying once you put all the costs in, and it's less hassle!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Victoria NB said:
Could you get to a port? I took my fella for his birthday and we went on P&O Ferries. En-suite cabin and coach from the port to the centre of Amsterdam.
I got it when they were doing buy one get one free but it's probably still cheaper than flying once you put all the costs in, and it's less hassle!
Yeah, ill check out the prices now.
Ta.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
veedubbya said:
Walk....swim.....walk some more
:lol: if i could i would, but that would be amazing!!

So far best is the one railways deal rail and sail, for me and the missus its £100 return for both of us.

Next is where to stay?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
We go from here in Yorkshire, down to Dover, pre-booked ferry, then its only a couple of hours drive up :D

Watch it though if driving as customs can be twunts.

+ that way you can bring back plenty of beer, cigs etc to cover your petrol costs ;)

Pop into Belgium its cheaper for **** n booze ;)

We tend NOT to bring anything smokeable back though as its not worth the hassle.

That reminds me my passport ran out in February !!!!!

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
11,293 Posts
Flying Easyjet Luton to Amsterdam will cost you £48.98 return inc taxes

Friday 15 December London Luton to Amsterdam
flight 2159; dep. Fri 15 Dec 13:15
arr. Fri 15 Dec 15:25
£17.99 (per person)

Sunday 17 December Amsterdam to London Luton
flight 2166; dep. Sun 17 Dec 21:55
arr. Sun 17 Dec 22:00
£20.99 (per person)
Taxes and charges per adult or child £10.00
Total amount due: £48.98

I'd also recommend staying at the Amstel Botel . . . very cheap for what you get and very close to everything

Ben :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hello there!!

We are off to the delightful city of Amsterdam at the end of october in the beetle.

Got a ferry from Harwich to Hook of holland (3 or 6 hours - depends on time) Then its only a short hop over. I think its about 100 quid with the car and 2 people.

Should be good fun... its the start of our honeymoon!!

Hows married life treating you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
negawsklov said:
Flying Easyjet Luton to Amsterdam will cost you £48.98 return inc taxes

Friday 15 December London Luton to Amsterdam
flight 2159; dep. Fri 15 Dec 13:15
arr. Fri 15 Dec 15:25
£17.99 (per person)

Sunday 17 December Amsterdam to London Luton
flight 2166; dep. Sun 17 Dec 21:55
arr. Sun 17 Dec 22:00
£20.99 (per person)
Taxes and charges per adult or child £10.00
Total amount due: £48.98

I'd also recommend staying at the Amstel Botel . . . very cheap for what you get and very close to everything

Ben :)
Nice one dude, its pretty much the same price as the train for 2 people, now which one is easiest??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
claire-mitch said:
Hello there!!

We are off to the delightful city of Amsterdam at the end of october in the beetle.

Got a ferry from Harwich to Hook of holland (3 or 6 hours - depends on time) Then its only a short hop over. I think its about 100 quid with the car and 2 people.

Should be good fun... its the start of our honeymoon!!

Hows married life treating you?
Hello mate!!

Sounds like a (Beetle) adventure!! Good place to go on your honey moon! Where else you going?

Married lifes cool ( no different really, apart from i can go, good morning wifey, and she can reply good morning husband!)

·
Registered
309 Posts
SPERMBANK said:
Hello mate!!

Where else you going?
DOn't know yet, 3 nights round amsterdam is as far as we got, probably move on to Germany, depends on how well the car holds out!! (I put the engine back in last week!!!) :crazy:

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'll echo what Ben said. The Botel has done us proud many times. Cheap and clean - two things that don't go together in Amsterdam often. Its also really easy to find when you're in a state :crazy:

·
Registered
22,227 Posts
make sure you stay in the centre of amsterdam dude or you will spent 100 quid on cabs my mates booked us into a hotel and it was right out in the sticks so it cost us 20 quid in a cab to get to the whores ......

then last tiemn i went we stayed right next door to the grasshopper in a top floor massive apartment luxury man i tell ya looking out over the main road etc dont scrimp youll not enjoy it and dont buy any coke over there take your own

1 - 20 of 20 Posts