Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Wife and I are fresh back from the land of the Samba (I did enquire why they named a dance after a VW, but got strange looks!), here are some pics of the beautful country -

There were VW's EVERYWHERE on literally EVERY street, Bays, Splits, Brasilias, Bugs, Gols, Golfs, Buggys etc.

I'd been to Mexixo once and thought that was good for Dub-spotting , but this was great!

I never seemed to have a camera to hand at the right time but here are a few, firstly some Bugs...

..taken from a bus, and a dam tree got in the way!

Sort of Euro/UK/Late 90's custom meets, well err, downtown Iguasso!

A Bug undertaking our bus, shiney rims and Talbot-style mirrors - Cool!

One of my faves....

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D Some nice scenery, on the beach in Rio, may be that will follow!

...more VW's

Though I don't speak too much Portugese, I managed to understand that the owner of this one at the Hippy Market in Rio was saying -

"Honest Guv, it has full MOT"

I guess Rat-Look is big down the Copacabana!

Splits and bays were the most common means of transport used by the Market traders, fear of a
mugging meant I wasn't tooo trigger happy on the old camera! These 15 Window Bays were as numeroUS as are Transits in the UK.

This Hippy market trader preferred to use his Bug, hence the roof rack.....

Uber-late model bays in action -

And still hard at work at Salvador Airport

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
....we went over to Argentina, this 15-window bay was cruising ahead of us. The middle of the bridge in front is the border!

... Brazil street scene- Brasilia, current model Gol and Buggy thing..

Earlier model Gol on the street

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ö..one of the highlights was our trip a visit to the famous Maracana Stadium in Rio.

Along with The Nou Camp, Anfield, The San Siro etc, this is one of THE stadiums for the travelling footy fan!

Built in 1950, it held over 200,000 at its peak. It is now being refurbished as an all seater holding closer to 100,000.

The game was an inter-city derby on par with with LFC vs the Mancs - in this case Rio-based Fluminense versus Sao Paulo. Due to the stadium renovation, attendance was well below capacity. We got in amongst one of the ëUltraí groups!

The Samba beat boomed outÖ

Muchos respect between the ëYoung-Fluí Ultras, and a travelling Kopite!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ö.the roar when Fluminense scored the opener was awesome; you can pick out a couple of hand-held flares in this pic which went off in celebration.

This travelling Red, couldnít leave the Maracana without giving the Boys from Brazil our famous ë5-TIMESí salute ñ plus an LFC fanzine runs a competition for pics showing the salute in interesting places!

Sadly ëweí (i.e Fluminense) got beat 2-1 by Sao Paulo!

Check out - http://www.fluminense.com.br/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts