Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. does it shape your life at all?

I was sort of brought up on music videos like..

ZZ Top

ZZ Top

ZZ Top

ZZ Top

they were cool :D

does it at all explain why when i learnt to drive eventually i ended up with a beetle looking like this...

:confused:

anybody else think the music they were brought up with as a child has shaped them?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
i was bought up on county and westen music and i have to say i don't own a horse :crazy: (aps)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Yes mate, I was brought up on no music! We didn't have a record player till I was 14 and I thought the radio only had one channel (Radio 4). I think this has lead to me being tone deaf and unable to play any instrument. Parents now regret this!

I have done the opposit with my kids and they both play instruments (girl, violin & bass guitar; boy, drums)

First music I got into was punk and new wave. Still into it!

·
Registered
9,063 Posts
Lots and lots and lots of rock. I remember sitting in my dads car as a wee child listening to Deep Purple and the Eagles. I used to (Still do, for that matter) LOVE Hotel California and Knocking At Your Back Door

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
bloo-and-aps said:
i was bought up on county and westen music and i have to say i don't own a horse :crazy:
You poor bugger! Surely this amounts to child abuse! :incheek: :D

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Duran Duran, Madonna..all the usual 80's stuff.
Which is probably why i like the 80's..and 80's cars..trying to re-live the good times!

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Crisis? What crisis? said:
You poor bugger! Surely this amounts to child abuse! :incheek: :D
i on the other hand (bloo) grew up with NYD,Ramones,UK Subs,Clash,Pistols,Dammed with a bit of Floyd and Bob Dylan thrown in :)

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
I was brought up listening to:

The Kinks
Kate Bush
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Bob Geldof
Blondie
Squeeze
Simply Red
Kirsty MacColl

Etc! :crazy:

I can't say i ever get kinky with bushes though :crazy:

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
I think 'Eliminator' was in the stereo when we hit the tree! Had all the vids on tape, probably still in my mums if she hasn't binned all my vids.:(

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
bloo-and-aps said:
i on the other hand (bloo) grew up with NYD,Ramones,UK Subs,Clash,Pistols,Dammed with a bit of Floyd and Bob Dylan thrown in :)
A far more respectable selection!

G

·
My mum was always listening to The Carpenters, Abba and Dusty Springfield whereas my old man listened to The Beatles, The Kinks, Dire Straits and The Drifters.

Not sure if it had an effect on me.

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Icky said:
I was brought up listening to:

The Kinks
Kate Bush
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Bob Geldof
Blondie
Squeeze
Simply Red
Kirsty MacColl

Etc! :crazy:

I can't say i ever get kinky with bushes though :crazy:
well i didnt like to start the rumour :incheek:

·
Registered
757 Posts
My Dad was into classical stuff....at full volume...The Planets by Holst, was one i remember a lot!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Mum was into Mantavanie (sp) and Perry Como and Matt Monroe!!!
Brother love Country and Western...Johnny Cash being one of his favs
Classic, middle of the road, no rock, not even a record of the Beatles!! :(

I like all types of music..thank god!!! I have a bit more tolerance than the rest of my family, who always considered music not to their taste was crap! :rolleyes:

Bless 'em!! :lol:

·
Porsche Buffer
11,684 Posts
Bugsy_Malone 666 said:
.. does it shape your life at all?

I was sort of brought up on music videos like..

ZZ Top
Gimme all your loving is a classic video - The car is so right, made a lasting impression on me plus I just dig that tarty 80s look on a girl :D

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Bootsy said:
I just dig that tarty 80s look on a girl :D
HELL YEAH!! :D
I used to listen to Bread when I was about 4!
Like bugsy watched ZZ Top on MTV but dont think it influenced me, still, think most modern stuff sucks but 80's stuff ROCKS.
Listening to Young MC-Bust a move at the mo, Keane-Under the Iron Sea before that & started with Delays-Faded Seaside Glamour, might go for either Goldie Lookin Chain or Les Rythem Digitals next.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i grew up on The Jam, Ska and Northern Soul but i don't think it affected me :incheek:

the parting has got a bit wider though :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts