Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,449 Posts
MacTosh said:
Listened to it three times now, enjoying it very much.

What do you lot think of it?
Shame it's been disqualified from the charts, though. :(

·
26,449 Posts
MacTosh said:
Whats happened there then?
The sticker announcing that people could customise their own CD cover broke chart rules in three ways that I know of and probably a couple more.

I'll be snooping around the label next week to find out if the product manager is out of a job or not.

·
26,449 Posts
peelo said:
Beck's really going to care about not being in the UK charts... at least five seconds of lost sleep :lol:
Beck wont but heads will roll at Interscope (Polydor). There are very strict rules covering what you can offer with the CD and what you can do for on-pack promotion - someone should have run it by legal.

I personally think it's a farce but rules are rules. I've been on the wrong side of them before and had stuff disqualified. It hurts.

·
Registered
78,049 Posts
M-A-D said:
Beck wont but heads will roll at Interscope (Polydor). There are very strict rules covering what you can offer with the CD and what you can do for on-pack promotion - someone should have run it by legal.

I personally think it's a farce but rules are rules. I've been on the wrong side of them before and had stuff disqualified. It hurts.
it does seem very daft :(

I guess also the likes of ASDA won't stock it because it's not in the charts.

·
26,449 Posts
peelo said:
it does seem very daft :(

I guess also the likes of ASDA won't stock it because it's not in the charts.
Woolies, probably wont carry it now. :(

You'll probably still see it in the top 40 in HMV and Virgin stores as they don't use OCC chart placings but their own sales.

·
Registered
78,049 Posts
HMV were selling it on a big display on the day of release. I know it's not quite as good as it used to be but HMV is still the best bet on the high street IMHO.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
It's on the list to purchase.

Very excited now I have some other fans views.

·
Registered
14,780 Posts
After a few days listening,I've come to the conclusion that it's *almost* as good as Odelay.

I am currently loving This Girl That I Know,Nausea and Horrible Fanfare/Landslide/Exoskeleton. :D

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dogfood said:
After a few days listening,I've come to the conclusion that it's *almost* as good as Odelay.

:D
That is a big claim! But I'm inclined to agree with that. A fine fine piece of work :D

·
Registered
78,049 Posts
dogfood said:

I am currently loving This Girl That I Know,Nausea and Horrible Fanfare/Landslide/Exoskeleton. :D
it's all good

Motorcade is my buzz track

and it's better than Odelay :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts