Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Who gives a shit

Votes: 6 50.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
11,309 Posts
where's the 'don't ban either' option?

Oh, and you haven't told us why you say 'yes'. Come on, give us a clue ;)

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
negawsklov said:
where's the 'don't ban either' option?

Oh, and you haven't told us why you say 'yes'. Come on, give us a clue ;)
That's the who gives a shit option ;)

I say yes because Halloween has gone all american and fireworks, well, they're just weapons in the wrong hands, usually of mindless idiots

·
11,309 Posts
ExiledWool said:
That's the who gives a shit option ;)

I say yes because Halloween has gone all american and fireworks, well, they're just weapons in the wrong hands, usually of mindless idiots
aaaah, ok...well I do give a shit...I feel strongly that I want to keep em but I agree they need to be more regulated.

Halloween (as we know it) is pretty much an american holiday/event anyway so it's almost like criticising Bastille Day for being too French. I do think however that parents need to take more responsibility...IMO any child over the age of say 10 should not be 'trick or treating' and they should of course be accompanied by an adult

I don't think fireworks should be sold over the counter anymore...it's a shame because I enjoy the whole thing of being able to have your own display in your garden but it's clear that retailers can't be trusted not to sell them to kids & teenage scallies so we have no choice really :(

·
Registered
982 Posts
I love this time of year i love it all so don't ban any.

I am going to a halloween party next week can't wait but i think thats because i aint been to a party for so long. :D

·
Registered
8,100 Posts
oh right that time of year again?? lets ban everything and go and live in a perfect eutopia where nothing can hurt us and life is as BORING AS FUCK!!! or we could just accept responsibility for our actions instead of waiting for the government to legislate our existance away. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
i think the sale of fireworks needs to be regulated better, but not banned all together, but at the same time, i dont know why anyone would want to put on their own display, the professional ones are so much better...

... and bonfire night is always a good earner for me, people pay silly money for me to do 10mins work :D

·
19,332 Posts
I like bonfire night :) But I think we're going to go out for the night on Halloween. I don't really like the whole - let's go knock on people's door and ask them for sweets, if not we'll egg them mentality - especially round where I live cos it's not the best area :( my car gets bills pulled off it, keyed, stones thrown at it, egged etc enough as it is! I've had a fair few hundred pounds worth of damage done to him which I can't afford to repair :( so I can see kids egging him for the sake of it! So I'm gonna take him to a restaurant or something and hide him at the back of the carpark and hopefully he'll be left alone! :mad:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yer Ban everything.... Dam nanny state... :rolleyes:
I'm not fan of bonfire night or halloween, but the rate this country is banning things, there'll be fu*k all left to do..!!

You can't ban everything thats dangerous...! Cos that's how human's get their kicks. By doing things that are dangerous and exhilerating. Get the pulse racing a bit.
We'll all end up bored an depressed wrapped up in cotton wool.

·
10,486 Posts
Bonfire Night is part of our heritage, and should be preserved. Would be happy to see the back of Halloween though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts