Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Bodie

Votes: 14 73.7%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a DVD box set of the Professionals, which I'm loving. OK, it's somewhat sexist and sometimes even rascist and homophobic, but it was of its time. On the plus side, there were plenty of car chases, shoot outs, great music, and loads of bugs and campers parked up in the London streets of the 70's.

For those who remember this series, which one was your favourite? (I haven't included Cowley in the poll - we all love Gordon Jackson).

So, whom do you prefer, and why?

Doyle (Martin Shaw):

or
Bodie (Lewis Collins):

My favourite is Bodie, as he was funny and very sexy (IMHO).

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
invalidusername said:
Who Dares Wins - of course! I have it on DVD ;)

EDIT: Actually it's not a joke - I do have it :D
gone slightly down in my estimation (shakes head sadly...)

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My only defence is that it was for Lewis Collins rather than the plot. I've got a very embarassing DVD collection I have to say :eek:

·
walking the black dog
65,372 Posts
A few years ago, Lewis Collins popped into a friends computer company to have a printer repaired (I was just temping there as I was in between jobs). This was back in about '92 or '93. He had not done any acting for ages and Martin Shaw had been blocking re-runs of The Professionals as he was not a "serious actor" Oh and he drove a beige Austin Maestro. Totally shattering a few fast Ford illusions.

p.s. invalidusername, he is very good looking.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ugly Bloke said:
A few years ago, Lewis Collins popped into a friends computer company to have a printer repaired (I was just temping there as I was in between jobs). This was back in about '92 or '93. He had not done any acting for ages and Martin Shaw had been blocking re-runs of The Professionals as he was not a "serious actor" Oh and he drove a beige Austin Maestro. Totally shattering a few fast Ford illusions.

p.s. invalidusername, he is very good looking.
Ooh excellent! Was he friendly?

I think he's an absolute hunk :D

·
Saddest VZi'er 2019
6,771 Posts
Check this out! It's my CI5 membership card!
You know that episode where they come screeching up in the capri to take over a hostage situation and the uniform bloke says "You can't just take over!" and Bodie looks at him and says dead sternly "READ THE SMALL PRINT!" ? Well, read the small print!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts