Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew has been asking for months for me to go and pick him up from school in my bay.

At last I had a day off and decided to do it.

As I pulled onto the school front and parked up all was quiet.

Then school came out and every kid comming out did double take as they walked past.

My nephew came running out and jumped in and I started the engine...

The WHOLE STREET turned round as I started Betty (The Bus) and looked directly at me :smurf: my nephew :tick: and his mate :bandit: in the back.

As we drove down the street with people looking at us he mate in the back was shouting this is the coolest ride ever!!!! :group:

HOW COOL WAS THAT! LOL :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
my kids absolutely love it if we pick them up in our van, they are only 3, 5 and 6 but they get such a sense of pride, I love the fact that tyhey are so small but still 'get it'

·
Registered
897 Posts
last time i went to school in my bay i had loads of kids whipping there cameraphones out as they had never seen a car on the road with rusty holes in the side.

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
I pull up to my school in my van every day. Not only do the kids love it but, they say things like 'My mum LOVES your van!'

your mum can have a ride any time she likes ;)

Shane

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oberonspacefruit said:
last time i went to school in my bay i had loads of kids whipping there cameraphones out as they had never seen a car on the road with rusty holes in the side.
They were all doing this as well.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shane r said:
I pull up to my school in my van every day. Not only do the kids love it but, they say things like 'My mum LOVES your van!'

your mum can have a ride any time she likes ;)

Shane
LOL.... I Agree, some real honeys at my nephews school!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
seen a few kids around that grab their mums attention and point at us as we go past in the car.

My uncles beachbuggy is a totally different story :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My nephew summed it up yesterday... It aint showmanship owning a vw it's pride in what you have.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Take my daughter to school every morning in my bug, big engine, big loud zorst etc, she loves it (shes only 5) tells all her mates how her dads car is much faster than theirs, lol. The little kids love it, one comes past most mornings when we pull up, saying 'here is herbie again mum' (sometimes ya could really clip the little sods ;) ) not a stitch of herbie lookalike on it :D

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
yep, drop my son off at the mo, and he loves going in the beetle car....not quite got it yet, but he loves it nonetheless...me i get a buzz out of it.

but of course when *ch4v5* in their little saxos try be muppets and slag off the bug on the motorway......

he he then i do something they dont expect... floor it!!! and actually run away from them...

hopefully soon with my new beam and gearbox fitted i will be going a lot quicker (and smoother) than now!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
for years me and jaz have always picked up our kids on the schoolrun in either the bay, split, t25 or both beetles, I think the other kids and parents are used to us, no-one points or waves anymore, it's just normal

·
Registered
972 Posts
i do the school run most mornings in the fasty
kids love it with the flames and stuff!!!
and if the kids are really lucky i turn up in the boogiewondervan

jay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts