Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has been on my mind for a few months now, Fed up of driving for hours to santa pod (4/5 hour trip) to just setup a tent for another hour, before even openin a beer,

and seeing people just turn up and setup within 20 mins, and cope in all weathers, lol

if anyone saw me and fatherof2 in the storm at bugjam, i thought my tent was a gonna, and when i saw samage swimming in his tent, i think that made my mind up,

I can get all the parts ect from work, and also very good with diy so making it a camper inside would not be a problem atall, good little winter project me thinks,

so.. am i mad as a hatter and keep fecking tenting it... or shall i get one ?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have just bought another t4.Its a 2001 model and it will be my car/work van/lesiure vehicle(surf bus).They are fantastic and if you are good at diy then you can make them fit you.
Go for it.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Ive had my T4 for nearly 6 & half years now,done just over 100,000 miles in it, love it,had no major probs with it just a powersteering rack go & it gets through rear coil springs regular but they're cheap&easy to do! Better than driving a car,i use mine for work & every day ;)

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SPANNERBOY said:
i say buy whatever you want dude,you can turn up in a ford and we'd still welcome you :D
Yeah, i know i would be welcome.... but i have seen what they did to your loveboat ! with police tape, and hazzard tape :D

yeah i have been lookin at t25's and t4's

the t25's are going up in price quickly, and will be the next thing to hit the roof i think,

and with the t4's, there going dirt cheap at the mo, for a mint 1990 - 95 ur looking at about 1500/2000 notes.....

from what i have seen with the t4's i can get all the parts for the engine as its the same as the passat and audi in most models, and panal wise too, and its something i can leave out for the winter ect,

im on an open market really,

mark

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
keep an eye on the auction lists at BCA at newport. They have all the ex AA t4's being sold off there by Lombard - the company the AA leased them all off.

Theyre all swb 2.5 tdi 102's (i.e. the one to have) and they come with all the AA goodies still fitted. Rear seats can be flogged for £300, toolboxes about £200, beacons £100, handwash £50 etc etc. Once youve taken the AA stuff off youve got some cash to do the camper conversion ;)

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Cardiff Dubber said:
kevsplitty said:
it gets through rear coil springs regular but they're cheap&easy to do! Better than driving a car,i use mine for work & every day ;)
kevsplitty said:
Bmw e46 springs fit stright on to the rear, so nice and sturdy. and lowers it by 50mm :)

one of the "trade" tips i have seen work very well
Thats handy to know,cheers bud ;)

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
paddy311 said:
keep an eye on the auction lists at BCA at newport. They have all the ex AA t4's being sold off there by Lombard - the company the AA leased them all off.

Theyre all swb 2.5 tdi 102's (i.e. the one to have) and they come with all the AA goodies still fitted. Rear seats can be flogged for £300, toolboxes about £200, beacons £100, handwash £50 etc etc. Once youve taken the AA stuff off youve got some cash to do the camper conversion ;)
Yeah i have herd about that, but also its an ex company van so could of been ragged about for years by anyone,

Gsf tend to sell there vans internally to staff too, and cheap prices, and due to being a car parts company, the vans get serviced every 8k spot on, and we have are area manager down at the mo, so gonna do a bit of name digging and see who i have to speak too,

Mark

·
Registered
21,468 Posts
Cardiff Dubber said:
Gsf tend to sell there vans internally to staff too, and cheap prices, and due to being a car parts company,

Mark
:eek: :eek:

and nailed to fuck mate :eek: them vans are abused.....big time :D

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Cardiff Dubber said:
Yeah i have herd about that, but also its an ex company van so could of been ragged about for years by anyone,

Gsf tend to sell there vans internally to staff too, and cheap prices, and due to being a car parts company, the vans get serviced every 8k spot on, and we have are area manager down at the mo, so gonna do a bit of name digging and see who i have to speak too,

Mark
Up to you dude. Mines an AA one.... its got 46k miles on it, is spotless, and runs bang on. I looked at a few AA ones and yeah - there were a few that had clearly been abused, but i just looked for a good 'un. Not hard ;)

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mickB(akanogovws) said:
:eek: :eek:

and nailed to fuck mate :eek: them vans are abused.....big time :D
lol well, mine is spotless lol, 2003/04 vw caddy,

72,000 on the clock, serviced every 8k

only me and ralph have ever driven it, and its quick too,

but i have herd bad things about u coventry boys, bunch of tarts who cant drive :incheek: :incheek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts