Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pretty sure i've not had a worse week ever :(

lost my job on tuesday with no lieu payments or notice. i was expecting a good bonus payment this month as well so had spent all the money i had :(
not really slept or eaten since then due to the bitterness of the situation going over and over in my mind.
i bought a new car 10 days ago and sold it last night for 2.5k less than i paid for it, it was the only cash offer i had recieved and couldn't take the chance of turning it down and not recieving another.
i had an interview yesterday for a dream job but am now having to suffer this few day period of waiting to hear back......
i haven't left my flat since tuesday other than for the interview yesterday and still don't want to! :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,841 Posts
Thats a real shitter dude!
Hope the interview goes well for you.
Thought I had a shit week what with getting my beetle smashed up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,319 Posts
:(
 

·
Porsche Buffer
Joined
·
11,692 Posts
Sorry to hear your woes but you could look at it another way.....

lost my job on tuesday with no lieu payments or notice. i was expecting a good bonus payment this month as well so had spent all the money i had - still if a company treats me like that I'm better off out of it and looking to land my dream job that I'd prefer to do anyway.

not really slept or eaten since then due to the bitterness of the situation going over and over in my mind - at least I've last a few pounds and realised being bitter doesn't get my anywhere apart from learning what not to do and who not to work for next time.

i bought a new car 10 days ago and sold it last night for 2.5k less than i paid for it, it was the only cash offer i had recieved and couldn't take the chance of turning it down and not recieving another - once I land that plumb job I'll be able to get an even better car.

i had an interview yesterday for a dream job .... really hope I get it and am confident I did everything I could to be sucessful

i haven't left my flat since tuesday other than for the interview yesterday and still don't want to! at least I've got to know myself even better and realise that I now need to put my shoulders back and face that exciting new chapter that is about to begin in my life

Positive thinking - it's working for Noel Edmonds apparently!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
Look on it as a challenge, you have a great opportunity to acheive your 'dream job' something worth while that you'll love and that will give you enormous self worth. You may not had had this chance had you remained at your previous employment. Think positive, you're free to tread a new path! Yes you made a loss on the car but cars a replaceable, you might get a better one next time, maybe you won't need one, maybe you'll get a company car.

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, it may seem like bad luck right now but in a little while you'll look back and realise it was for the best. :hug:
 

·
Porsche Buffer
Joined
·
11,692 Posts
girlofleisure said:
Look on it as a challenge, you have a great opportunity to acheive your 'dream job' something worth while that you'll love and that will give you enormous self worth. You may not had had this chance had you remained at your previous employment. Think positive, you're free to tread a new path! Yes you made a loss on the car but cars a replaceable, you might get a better one next time, maybe you won't need one, maybe you'll get a company car.

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, it may seem like bad luck right now but in a little while you'll look back and realise it was for the best. :hug:
you been reading my mind again GOL ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys, the dream job does come with a company car and a fuel card for personal use as well, its also 9-5.30pm mon-fri with xmas shut down so as my mum put it "i've even got my eyes crossed for you" :)

it doesn't help that my lounge window faces the company i just left so everytime i look out i can see them. i need to move
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,492 Posts
Bugger, not nice dude... my sympathies, but keep the faith...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,214 Posts
itfczx9r said:
it doesn't help that my lounge window faces the company i just left so everytime i look out i can see them. i need to move
Just think, when you pull up in your new car and shut down for Christmas, you'll be able to stick your finger up to them - satisfying :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,818 Posts
veedubbya said:
You could put a big sign up in your lounge window.

"I'M STILL ON HOLIDAY....ARE YOU?"
:lol:

or

"I've got a better job than you"

"You suck"

"<insert name of manager who sacked you> IS GAY"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,511 Posts
itfczx9r said:
pretty sure i've not had a worse week ever :(

lost my job on tuesday with no lieu payments or notice. i was expecting a good bonus payment this month as well so had spent all the money i had :(
Wtf did you do to get fired on the spot? Is that even legal?

Sounds like a fucker.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top