Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When trying to get an inner sill for my 72 bay GSF assistant produced an under sliding door panel. Looked more like a channel for my door runner to me, in fact that's what it was! They have them (inner sills) on Schofields diagram I said. Yes but this is GSF he said...............oh yeh, why didn't I think of that?:rolleyes:

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
Duble agent V.W.Ford said:
When trying to get an inner sill for my 72 bay GSF assistant produced an under sliding door panel. Looked more like a channel for my door runner to me, in fact that's what it was! They have them on Schofields diagram I said. Yes but this is GSF he said...............oh yeh, why didn't I think of that?:rolleyes:
what ?

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
When trying to get an inner sill for my 72 bay GSF assistant produced an under sliding door panel. Looked more like a channel for my door runner to me, in fact that's what it was! They have them on Schofields diagram I said. Yes but this is GSF he said...............oh yeh, why didn't I think of that?:rolleyes:
You need the OSF/R underside flat flange section with the upswept lip return captive nut retaining panel

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
they do a catalogue you know, it tells you what they `might` do, if its a van you can get bugger all, which is what schofields/JKs are for, on the other hand they can pretty much get whole beetles in, unless you want seat guides for pre `73 models :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
They need a "John" in every GSF branch.

John at GSF Newcastle has "sideburns of knowledge"! You can vaguely describe an aircooled part to him and he'll know exactly what you mean, the part number, any likely differences from model year to model year and 9 times out of 10 he'll have it in stock!

Really good service there - a damn sight better than Euro Car Parts in Gateshead who don't even try to disguise the fact they really can't be bothered to help you.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
61 stu said:
You need the OSF/R underside flat flange section with the upswept lip return captive nut retaining panel
blatantly what i would have said :incheek: :)

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
10,486 Posts
Still doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not slagging GSF, they're usually great but when you need those 'hard to get' parts, sometimes you just have to look elsewhere. Also I can't see what's so confusing about this post, I wanted a part and my supplier didn't stock it. end of story.;)

·
Registered
21,468 Posts
when you need those 'hard to get' parts, sometimes you just have to look elsewhere.
thats what heritage,schofield,machine7 etc etc are for ;)

we can supply you with parts to service/repair your 1965 beetle and your 2002 passat,the other can't ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts