Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asda where i live is a disaster zone in general.

The car park has some disabled spaces which are mainly filled with white transit vans. and lazy mutherf**kers that can't be bothered to walk from another space.

I have mentioned on here before that i have been unable to park in a disabled space with my nan pretty much most of the times i have been there on a wednesday evening.

So seeing on the TV and in the paper that Asda are making a big thing about their disabled spaces reminded me of this little gem i saw last year.

Asda coned off at least 3 disabled spaces - the closest ones to the store - and let an army recruitment drive park a bloody great helicopter in the spaces over night. nice.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm thinking about e-mailing the local paper as they made a big deal about it this week. Luckily my nan doesn't come to the shop with me now as she gets too stressed in Asda so I just park wherever, but that isn't the point.

·
Registered
78,035 Posts
I think you'll find it's a charity trying to resto the helicopter rather than an 'army recruitment drive'.

BUT: Crap that they stuck it in the disabled spaces though... very thoughtless :(

Did you mention it to the guys with the helicopter? Or was there no one with it?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
A friend of mine is paraplegic and one of his hobbies is disabled access rights. He's had a hotel in court over access regulations and got a payout.

Currently Tesco are trying to avoid court after one store manager told him they couldn't do anything about non-disbaled people parking in disabled bays. So far the manager's apologised and the South Western regional manager has apologised. They thought they were in for an easy ride until he opened his jacket to show...

Their last offer was a 'policy review' but he wants something more concrete than that.

:)

·
Registered
26,797 Posts
Tehy dont give a fuck about parent and child or disabled spaces.....What ive noticed recently is its surprising how many old fuckers park in parent and child.....I usually ask them where their kids are:lol: i recently embarrassed what looked like a W I meeting (six old ladies) chatting outside their 4X4 :rolleyes: parked over two parent and child spaces:rolleyes: i asked them what the score was and she said that it was the best she could do as it was a "big car" ......needless to say that she got a load of abuse.....useless cunt....:eek:

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you'll find it's a charity trying to resto the helicopter rather than an 'army recruitment drive'.

BUT: Crap that they stuck it in the disabled spaces though... very thoughtless :(

Did you mention it to the guys with the helicopter? Or was there no one with it?
well it looked like military recruitment. there was nobody there as it was 6.30 and they'd gone home. it might have been cadets of some sort. still not an excuse. the manager should not have let them park it there. i was absoultely fuming. i've seen the people in charge there and there would be no point in commenting to them, they are just as rude as the customers.

·
Registered
78,035 Posts
well it looked like military recruitment. there was nobody there as it was 6.30 and they'd gone home. it might have been cadets of some sort. still not an excuse. the manager should not have let them park it there. i was absoultely fuming. i've seen the people in charge there and there would be no point in commenting to them, they are just as rude as the customers.
I'm betting it was the manager who put them there.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Currently Tesco are trying to avoid court after one store manager told him they couldn't do anything about non-disbaled people parking in disabled bays. So far the manager's apologised and the South Western regional manager has apologised. They thought they were in for an easy ride until he opened his jacket to show...

Their last offer was a 'policy review' but he wants something more concrete than that.

:)
tesco here ticketed the stupid cow in my office for parking in a disabled space so at least they do something. but she moaned to the paper and got away with it :mad:

then again, they have parking enforcement as the employees of RBS use their car park so now you are limited to 3 hours.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm betting it was the manager who put them there.
some pratt in a shirt and tie shoved past me and my nan with a big cage whilst on his cordless phone once. don't mind us, you just make sure you're ok mate. not sure if he was in charge but he was obviously some sort of supervisor. good job all the till ladies are lovely. oh and tom the greeter with the baskets. he should be running the joint.

·
Registered
78,035 Posts
well it looked like military recruitment. there was nobody there as it was 6.30 and they'd gone home. it might have been cadets of some sort. still not an excuse.
and at the risk of having to spell it out... I'm 90% certain it's to do with this

http://www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk/fundraising.htm

and so maybe if you double check and then contact them you might get somewhere

how you got from me saying it was to raise resto funds to cadets is a puzzle :lol:

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This really does my head in when people take either disabled or parent and child spaces to get 20 feet closer to the store
:rolleyes:
:lol: if you'd been there you'd do what i do and park far FAR away. the parking is awful and the spaces are tight. it looks like some sort of trolley derby has been abandoned halfway through.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
and at the risk of having to spell it out... I'm 90% certain it's to do with this

http://www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk/fundraising.htm

and so maybe if you double check and then contact them you might get somewhere

how you got from me saying it was to raise resto funds to cadets is a puzzle :lol:
well it looked like some sort of military leaflets on the table, it was wet so i didn't hang around. i thought it might be the air cadets when you said about raising money.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Asda car parks are normally huge, surely they could have found somewhere else to park it :)
it is a big car park, but that was closest to the store. i can see why they put it there as most people would have to pass it to get into the shop.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.