Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A freind of mine has been trying to sell her van on internet. She was offered her asking price of £2800 for a t25. Someone in OZ. They have sent her a bankers draft for that amount plus £4000 to deliever it. The draft is from P+O ferries!! Has anyone had a similar experience.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Yeh I had something similar a few years back selling my 65 crew cab.

In my case it was all a big con, which I didnt fall for ;)

Check out all the details. Sounds suspect but could be ok. Check and double check dude :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
if the money clears into your account before you give the bus/bug then there is no problem if it doesent then dont get a bus/bug till it does ?

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
funky munky said:
Sounds 100% wrong
100% agree.
100 % scam in my opinion
£4000 to deliver! :eek:
Tell your friend to bin the draft and forget about it.
Problem with these drafts is they can seemingly clear in your account, car/van etc gets shipped abroad then weeks later they can still 'bounce', in my opinion scam alarm bells should ring if they are seeemingly prepared to pay 4k for shipping?
;)

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
probably a scam, at first the cheque will clear and then sometimes about a month later the bank will bounce the cheque-probably after you have spent the money. this leaves you well out of pocket and without a vehicle. be very careful

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys but I need real proof. How do I try and convince her to bin the money when she thinks she sold it. Very tricky :(

·
Registered
885 Posts
monkeyonboard said:
probably a scam, at first the cheque will clear and then sometimes about a month later the bank will bounce the cheque-probably after you have spent the money. this leaves you well out of pocket and without a vehicle. be very careful
hmm yeah thats true cash it in anyways save the money dont send the bus...... :hangloose

The hunted becomes the hunter........... :bandit:

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
king dweeb said:
Thanks for the replys but I need real proof. How do I try and convince her to bin the money when she thinks she sold it. Very tricky :(
Contact the draft issuer ie bank to see if its legit?
Will probably find something is very dodgy.
Tell your friend to do a Google search for 'nigerian scammers' and they should see that this is a variation on a well-known internet fraud phenomenon.

;)

·
Registered
12,837 Posts
my understanding of this type of scam is that the cheque will clear as they are laundering money or something similar. they are usually not interested in the vehicle at all. the "norm" is that they want you to bank the cheque, wait for it to clear (it will) give them for example 2k back out of a cheque for 5k. then about 4 weeks later you get arrested or the cheque is returned because it was stolen and you lose everything! last one i heard the car they bought had been left in the next street.

·
Registered
30,789 Posts
BJ said:
if the money clears into your account before you give the bus/bug then there is no problem if it doesent then dont get a bus/bug till it does ?
Even if it clears it can still come back as a forged or stolen draft, weeks later.

Justin.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Do them money shops on the street buy em?
im sure they cash chqs but they rob you of about 10% let them deal with it bouncing :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
king dweeb said:
A freind of mine has been trying to sell her van on internet. She was offered her asking price of £2800 for a t25. Someone in OZ. They have sent her a bankers draft for that amount plus £4000 to deliever it. The draft is from P+O ferries!! Has anyone had a similar experience.
yep it's a scam. they steal company cheques (or there numbers). you take the risk cashing them. if the company doesn't notice they get your van and some cash (if you give it to them), if they do notice you get done for fraud/theft not them- even if it takes the company weeks or months to notice.

go get yourself some fake id and take it to one of those cheque converter places :D or tell the cops, trading standards and the company you advertised the bus with ;)

·
Registered
668 Posts
king dweeb said:
does she think she's sold it, or is it that she thinks she's in with a chance of getting some 'free money'? if something sounds too good to be true...i'd have problem enough believing that someone in Oz thought a t25 was worth shipping all that way. it must be a bit special.

doesn't the fact that they have sent her a P&O company raise questions in her mind?

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
10,486 Posts
spiny said:
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM
Are you implying that it's a scam, by any chance? :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts