Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my brother's 1972 crossover bay van that we have been restoring over the last few months.
He bought it about 6 years ago after it was store in a garage for several years before that. The first attempt at tidying the van up was more of just a simple blow over & and smarten up of interior more than anything else and there was plenty of other problems / bodged panels that would need sorting out at some point in the future. And that's where we are now, we started work back in October for the full strip down, panel replacement and restoration. That is now coming along nicely and should be going in for paint this Saturday.

Here's some pic's in date order from when the van first arrived all those years ago up to the present day;

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
looks like you got a fair bit to do have fun with it! :hangloose

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So do you enjoy welding ?
I was amused how the first photos looked so good, you could have sold it on flebay
i know what you mean, thats the worst thing about the resto. when its all done, same colour etc hardly anyone will notice the difference but at least we'll know it will be good for another few years. got a mate that does all the welding so don't have to worry about that but i would say that we do the worst bit anyway (cutting out all the old rusty metal and preping/lining up the new panels for welding). anyway back to the build, took it to sprayer's today will post some pic's up 2moz of the journey up.

:hangloose

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

leaving the paint shop for the cold window-less journey home.

front headlining up

rear headlining going in.

first window back in, also managed to get one of the cab door windows re-built with all new seals etc. more photo's coming soon.

Mark

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wat roof conversoin is that
It is a campmobile roof all the way from Australia, don't think its available over here but I can put you in contact with someone that can get you one if you want.

Any tips on fitting the rear head liner?? will have to do mine but never done on before.
If you have post it on my ride below
My main tip's would be to get the best glue you can (spray contact adhesive) get some heat on the material and be patient and you WILL get a good finish in the end im sure your do alright though, good luck.

:hangloose

1 - 17 of 17 Posts