Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make the gear shift as good as possible on my oval.

I got a new genuine gear coupling, Scat shifter and new gearbox mounts...

Question is, will replacing parts 11 and 12 here make any difference?

Thanks.
:)

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts

·
Highly Respected Member
13,704 Posts
There's an inspection plate on the frame head in between the 2 axle tubes. (well there is on later chassis, I assume yours will be the same). Remove the plate, and the plates in the spare wheel well and front valence, and slide the shift rod out of the front of the car. You need to remove item 10 from the rod first, otherwise it will never go through the hole.

You only need to push it out far enough to fit the plastic bush into it's mounting, then slide it back in with some grease on it as it goes.

Dave.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers, I don't think that will work though as the shift rod stops at the gearstick and doesn't go any further forward. Also the handbrake adjusters are in the way at the front of the car as it's pre-55... :confused:

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
I've only just seen that pic you posted earlier. You must have posted at the same time as I did.
I would say that's the answer then, although I've never seen one of those as far as I can remember.
I would guess if any part of it wears or breaks then the later version is to be used as a replacement, which is why there is only one type listed for all models.
Well done with the pic :D I've just learnt something new.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.