Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bolts on my tie rods stripped so my wheels were flapping about quite a bit. Iv changed them to some new German quality ones from mach7. Short on the offside, long on the nearside. Done all the tracking and they seem to be aright. Itís a 68 rhd balljoint bug with a 2" narrowed beam.

So i was at work and popped in to the paintshop next door where the guy is painting a bug. I had a look round it and his tierod ends were on the underside of the steering arm with the bolts on top. Is this the right way round and have I got mine upside down (I put them on how they came off)

Will it run ok like this or will it fuck them up again? I can change them at work but Iím not there till Tuesday and I donít have the equipment at home. Can I still drive it?

Thanks

·
Registered
30,762 Posts
If they're in from the bottom it's using a bump steer kit (requires drilling on the stub axle)
Butty sells them on here ;)

Justin.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine are on the top with the bolt underneath, will it damage them driving it like this? the guys bug in the paintshop was the other way round

thanks

·
Registered
30,762 Posts
Veedubyah said:
Mine are on the top with the bolt underneath, will it damage them driving it like this? the guys bug in the paintshop was the other way round

thanks
Yours are the correct way.

Justin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts